Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

I happened to see the other day the Bing Bang Theory episode where Wil Wheaton goes to a Star Wars first-day showing dressed as a blue-shirted Vulcan, walking down the aisle to choruses of boos.

I say "happened to see". The Canadian Comedy Network has been showing Big Bang Theory continuously since Dec 22. Looks like it finally ends 6am tomorrow morning. (On the other hand, I have not been recording nor watching continuously). Turns out it's 11 days, one season each day.

I'm not sure why they play a tragedy series on the Comedy Network.
    Last edited by SportWagon; January 6th, 2019 at 12:05 PM.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I decided to re-watch the DS9 episode "In the Pale Moonlight"......even if you haven't seen the episodes leading up to this one, it's really easy to understand what's happening, and it's a DAMN good episode. Probably Avery Brook's greatest performance as well.

IMO it's the best episode of the DS9 series.
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Hmm, I wonder where my TNG technical manual went... probably buried in my parents' garage or store room somewhere...
    Mine is signed by Patrick Stewart...

Wow! You actually met capt. jean-luc picard?!?! I wish I could also have that pleasure someday...

Junior Potato
    No, he met Patrick Stewart.

And I did actually meet him... he came to work to appear on a show, if you wanted something signed you were suppose to put it in a pile that he would do.
    I actually went into the green room and said hello and asked him to sign it. Had about 1 minute, then left him, he didnt need some crazy fan harassing him too much (just a little is ok!)

You didn't go to a trekkie convention? So you really did just meet Patrick Stewart..., Not Capt. Picard...

Anyway, still something I hope would happen to me someday...

Junior Potato
    The key with meeting famous people in a professional environment is just that: to be professional. You canít go all twee on them when youíre both supposed to be working.

I had many potentially great opportunities to meet Dwayne Johnson, and Iíve found myself standing next to Kylie Minogue and Alexandra Daddario at various times. But I couldnít start smothering them with love. Just give them a nod and ask how their day is going. Theyíre literally a co-worker at that moment. Treat them as such.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    The key with meeting famous people in a professional environment is just that: to be professional. You can’t go all twee on them when you’re both supposed to be working.

I had many potentially great opportunities to meet Dwayne Johnson, and I’ve found myself standing next to Kylie Minogue and Alexandra Daddario at various times. But I couldn’t start smothering them with love. Just give them a nod and ask how their day is going. They’re literally a co-worker at that moment. Treat them as such.
    Agreed. I worked as an extra on a movie set with John Goodman, and many of the other extras were going a bit crazy and I was like "we're here to do a job" and treated it as such.

I also met Hulk Hogan when I worked at Gateway computers, he's taller than I expected.
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

This was when I was working at a tv station - yes you need to be professional. But probably even more so when they are a guest.
    I have had my head between a newsreaders legs while we were in an ad break...
    hint - never mount a router under the desk on set, someone will bump the power cord with their knee. I didnt put it there, just had to fix it while the show was on-air.