Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

But in a way, Jean-Luc is still at his best - it's just that his "best" is different now due to age, experience, and other circumstances. That's why it's still an awesome show.

The way it's also developed syncs a bit better with the tone of Discovery, which I thought was also great.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Another thing I wanted to mention....it seems other than the uniforms and some of the ships, they didn't make much effort to give the show any of the same look as TNG...or it didn't feel evolutionary to me if that makes sense.

With ST Discovery's Season3 release date unknown, I canceled my subscription. I would've paid another $10 today for nothing!

Anyway, I signed on end of Jan and ended up using promo codes for a free month... so I only got charged in March I think.

$10 for 10 episodes... although didn't like the last episode that much, but I am still a satisfied customer.

Will sign up again when the new shows are available.

I wonder if we can notice the difference between special effects made in studios vs made in homes!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 3rd, 2020 at 09:02 AM.

We continue to watch the original series and the kids are just crazy about Star Trek. We've been watching one or two episodes of season one most nights after dinner. I never suggest it (kind of on purpose); they always ask! And, they do this crazy dance when the opening sequence comes on and the music starts. It's amazing. And, they insist upon watching the credits (the Netflix default is to skip the credits) after I pointed out there are pictures from previous and future episodes shown as the credits roll. They dance all around the room then too. It's so much fun to see.

Last night was "The Alternative Factor." Ugh. Most of the first season is great but that one is the start of the duds. It was boring for me to sit through again, but I never let on and they seemed to like it enough. Tonight's episode (we're watching sequentially, of course) is "The City On The Edge Of Forever", which isn't my absolute favorite but I suppose it's one of them. For any who might not know, that episode is usually considered at the best of 'em all by those who make such lists.

A little while ago, I flipped on the TV just to see what was on while taking a break from working at home. The BBC-America channel was showing ST:TNG episodes as they often do and I called the kids down (after their school video conferences were over) to come get a sneak preview of what we can watch in the future. The episode was "Who Watches The Watchers" and they both immediately recognized the transporter room and they understood Sickbay as soon as I pointed it out. They noticed tiny details such as Picard's chest logo/communicator being blank (they don't know it's a communicator yet) and the scanners/monitors over the beds in Sickbay. Then we saw an exterior shot of the Next Generation Enterprise which my daughter said was "whack" (not sure if that's good or bad) and my son thought was extremely cool: "Wow! There are windows everywhere!"

This ends my report from Starbase Colorado.

*closes hailing frequency*

That’s so awesome!

Both my wife and daughter have zero interest in Star Trek nor anything science fiction...

At least my daughter enjoys racing Mario kart with me!

I really enjoyed the first couple episodes, then I started to not be as into it... Then the episode with Riker and Troi, and to the end were absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to see what a "full" crew does on adventures in season 2 and 3.

That finale was a whole bunch of gut punches though.

May the Fourth be with you. Oops wrong thread.

I'm a doctor, not a freedom fighter!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Now I'm gunna sit here and listen to Kraftwerk.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    ok I may be an old curmudgeon or something, but this looks IMO absolutely terrible...at least not a Star Trek show