Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Near the end of the series I was newly married, was doing autox, track days and boating. It’s been downhill since
    Or, perhaps, uphiil? Heh.

I've watched 4 episodes of DS9 and no episodes of Voyager.

Yeah, similar situation here… I’ve watched every episode of TNG. I started off all of those newer subsequent series with great anticipation, but I inevitably fade out as seasons progressed…

Besides the writers/writings, I think the main thing was that it’s just too damn hard to beat a bald Shakespearean actor with such great personality!

Seriously, would there even be a show called Sisko or Janeway or Archer on paramount + anytime soon?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 4th, 2023 at 08:11 AM.

I actually liked the subsequent series based on starships…I just never got into DS9. Maybe I’ll give it a go sometime soon.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    in DS9 they eventually get a ship to fly around in, the "new" Defiant

I was in my local Barnes & Noble bookstore recently, birthday shopping for my offspring, when I happened past the DVD section and stopped dead in my tracks.

I'm now the proud owner of Strange New Worlds season one on DVD. Can't wait to dig in.

The one that is now free to watch on Youtube?

Wait, what?

I remember when SNW S1 E1 was on YouTube. I watched it at the time but then it was gone soon after it appeared. Had no idea the whole first season is free now. Maybe that's a limited-time thing to promote the release of S2. I saw a trailer for that recently and it looked exciting. I wonder if they hired JJ Abrams' special effects guys or if that's just standard stuff these days. Probably the latter.

Oh well, I'd still rather own the physical media than depend on the shifting sands of the internet. I'll put it on the shelf with the other ST books and videotapes and DVDs I've been collecting over the decades. And, no ads on the DVDs! At least, I hope not.

I plan to wrap the SNW S1 DVD box and give it to my wife. She and/or the kids can then and give it to me for my birthday next week, and it will seem more special than watching it on YouTube. Hopefully we can watch it as a family, or at least those of us who like Star Trek.
    Last edited by George; June 5th, 2023 at 12:23 PM.

No worries, I figured you hadn't heard and there is always reasons to have physical media

Starting DS9 now…episode 1…such bad and cheesy acting by a few people. Trying to get through it…

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I think Rene Auberjonois (Odo) finds the correct tone from the get go, and other leading actors do too, after 5 or 6 episodes. The problem is with some of the supporting cast that never do.

The character of the Cardassian ex-spy is one of my tics, they should have given him more ball! DS9 could have the 90s forerunner to Andor!!
    acket.