Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Market Disruptions Thread (aka Millennials ruin EVERYTHING!)

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Vast majority of domestic flights I've been on here have the lav at the back. Back row is the worst because of that and no recline. Amazes me how so few people bother to use the airport restroom before a 1-3 hour flight.

Basically the key to pleasant air travel is to be sufficiently wealthy to get those perks. Which is pretty much the case in any aspect of life, really.

Business class is the only way to travel, especially internationally. It's so superior it's hard to believe it's the same aircraft. It's literally the difference between arriving at your overseas destination refreshed, or a haggard zombie.
    Worse than the people who don't use the restroom before a flight are the people, and I've seen this SEVERAL times, who wait until JUST before landing, when the flight attendants put the fasten seat belt ON for landing, and they decide THAT is the time to use the restroom...no it isn't you twat, it's so you don't bang your head upon landing while you piss yourself and then the flight attendants have to clean it up!!!

I think you guys are overly harsh on some folks... 1st off, there could be folks who had to rush thru all security checks and had no time to go to the restroom. 2nd, there can also be folks who just couldn't get to the restroom on the plane in time due to it being occupied or freaking drunk carts in the way during flight...

Anyway, best way to fly is probably to knock all the passengers out with diapers and then wake them up at their destination luggage claim area.

We can then get rid of all TSA agents... and if our plane crashes, we'd never know...

Junior Potato
    There's no excuse for being disorganised.

That stuff does happen Billi, but it can't be that high of a percentage.

I don't understand why my wife is such a frequent urinator, I think most women are that way, but what can we do about that?

Never mind the road trips, she could pee prior to boarding and still need to pee during flight. I'm the type who'd avoid peeing at all cost, but I have personally experienced the couple of scenarios described above on low percentage of occasions...

Anyway, I do try my best to be considerate of others and also try my best to not get annoyed by others in order to enjoy my flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    .... and also try my best to not get annoyed by others in order to enjoy my flight.
    This is one of the most important pieces of advice I give to people who start travelling a lot. You're jammed into a small tube and going through a process which involves lots of queues. People being people will do dumb shit which is bloody frustrating but if you allow yourself to get pissed off by that stuff you certainly won't stop them from doing the dumb shit but you absolutely will be pissed off. You just gotta learn to roll with it when travelling a lot and not allow other peoples muppetry affect your mood.

To mangle another quote to make it fit the question better.

Key to being comfortable / happy in flights.

1) Be rich
    2) Don't be poor

NB: I'm poor, and rarely fly. So I'm generally in intense discomfort on planes as I'm a little under six foot, so leg room is often an issue.

Flew Southwest Saturday. Paid $15 extra for group A, got the exit row seat that doesn't have a chair in front of you. Worth it.

Personally, if it's domestic, I fly Southwest, check-in early, and find myself a seat closer to the front. My biggest annoyance is waiting for everyone else to de-board, especially if I have to transfer planes somewhere.

Otherwise like others have said, be rich, that's how to make flights better for most airlines. (I haven't gotten to that point yet)

Junior Potato
    Yeah but you were fucking two chicks at once for a while so you win everything anyway.