Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Irma....

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    each update keeps going left....ugh

BTW, was watching a live-stream of the Weather Channel last night...what a fucking waste of time.

They would show about 2 minutes of stuff, then 5 minutes of commercials, then they went to a live view of Charleston, SC at NIGHT....talking about how Irma could hit 5 days from now...so WHY TF are you showing us a live view of it now?? I'm trying to see their opinion on the updated track, etc., you know the stuff they used to be good at many years ago.

MR2, you're welcome: http://spaghettimodels.com/

Yes, maps are good but I appreciate commentary from experts as well

I was kidding.

But then you were looking for expert analysis from TWC, so I imagine you were joking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I was kidding.

But then you were looking for expert analysis from TWC, so I imagine you were joking as well.
    I almost never watched it since the old days when that was the main source of live coverage. I know their website and app suck hard

Boarded up today. I'm told I shouldn't have to report back to the hospital until 9pm Tuesday. So I'm on margarita #1.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Yes, maps are good but I appreciate commentary from experts as well
    Your mileage may vary, but I always go direct to the weather bureau for info on forecasts and warnings. You don't have to sit through ads, and the TV weather people are just repeating the same info anyway.

We were scheduled for 127mph gusts at one point yesterday. Now it's looking slightly better. It's pounding Cuba hard right now. Keys look like they are next. It will be devastating down there. Miami area looking better, but storm surge is going to be a big issue with this storm. My home is somewhere between 7-10 ft above ground level, which would be the very high end for the worst areas. Just to be safe, I put the car on jacks, am leaving it in the garage, and am getting a ride into work tomorrow morning where I will be throughout the storm and immediate aftermath.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    We're getting the nor'easter right now, which is supposed to give us 3-4 inches of rain before Irma get here Monday.

I was hoping it would continue straight west and Cuba's mountains take a chunk out of it. The turn south and fuck off...

Oh well.

We should have a "Fuck Irma" party when it's all done.