Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Irma....

Stay safe dudes!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    each update is pushing it north and east...looks like it may go east of Tampa eventually...and hopefully miss Florida and the east coast entirely!

The storm is huge though. It's pretty much a given that all of the South Florida will get at least tropical storm conditions.

Tropical Storm Jose has just formed behind Irma.

But it's ok, because Trump won't let Jose into America.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Seems like a good time to all meet up, somewhere not Cat Fivey? And it can include Drew.
    hug.

I suppose in any case, it'd be nice to see V again before she graduates college...

If you're heading for the hills and end up in Pittsburgh we have spare bedroom and a couple of couches. And a bar.

$200 to put up (and take down) shutters on only two windows. They're charging a flat rate for my neighborhood, but some have like 6-8 windows, I only have two.

Luckily the paint/cocrete guys are using their two lift tractor things to do the whole neightborhood, so it'll all get down over the next two days, and they will be fixing the mounting points they covered up.

Dog is with my dad about two hours north of Miami. He will be waiting it out there, unless it looks like a strong direct in up there, in which case, he's going to fly out in his single engine (mainly to protect the plane).

I'm feeling better than I did yesterday about everything being prepared. Only concern now is my car. I have to go into work for this thing, but the parking lot has no protection, so I'm worried about damage. Thinking about leaving my car in my garage and trying to get an uber in on my Friday shift and just staying there. If it's bad enough, I'll need to stay anyway. But on the other hand, if storm surge is over about 8-10 ft. my garage would start to flood.

Also if it's really bad, I'm a bit worrying about my apartment getting sucker punched by a boat:

$200 to put up (and take down) shutters on only two windows. They're charging a flat rate for my neighborhood, but some have like 6-8 windows, I only have two.

Luckily the paint/cocrete guys are using their two lift tractor things to do the whole neightborhood, so it'll all get down over the next two days, and they will be fixing the mounting points they covered up.

Dog is with my dad about two hours north of Miami. He will be waiting it out there, unless it looks like a strong direct in up there, in which case, he's going to fly out in his single engine (mainly to protect the plane).

I'm feeling better than I did yesterday about everything being prepared. Only concern now is my car. I have to go into work for this thing, but the parking lot has no protection, so I'm worried about damage. Thinking about leaving my car in my garage and trying to get an uber in on my Friday shift and just staying there. If it's bad enough, I'll need to stay anyway. But on the other hand, if storm surge is over about 8-10 ft. my garage would start to flood.

Also if it's really bad, I'm a bit worrying about my apartment getting broadsided by a boat:

20170906_100133.jpg

What the fuck is with pictures showing up upside down, despite being right-way up in Windows?

Oh, but on the brightside, I'll be making about 50 hours of overtime.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; September 6th, 2017 at 06:11 AM.

The problem with all of the forecast models right now are that the hurricane won't turn until it gets TO miami