Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Cars 2

Junior Potato
    Reviews are starting to roll in.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-cars-2-review

Consensus so far seems to be that the game is good and fixes or improves a lot of the things form the first game, but doesn't quite meet its potential.

Administrator
    Yep. General gist I'm getting is that it's worth picking up and an improvement on PCars1, but if you expect perfection you'll be disappointed.

One of the international versions of Bryan's paintjob is in the game, just spotted it in a video review. IGN's review was very strong for this game, the one I'm watching now is worried about some graphical glitches even after a day 1 patch.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I need a PC2 demo.

Same. I've been told it does not run well on the regular XBox One.

Junior Potato
    It runs ok, from what I've seen. You only need to worry about weather effects in heavy traffic. Outside of that it's pretty smooth and definitely playable.

Digital Foundry did an analysis video and, even in clear weather, it was going up and down from 45-55 fps. Which isn't *bad*, but consistent would be better.

Junior Potato
    Yeah I saw that too. If you’re comparing PC2 to FM7 then take into account that PCars is probably running more advanced physics, and it’s from a small developer that hasn’t got a lot of resources behind them. To reach 45-55 on Xbone is a great achievement in itself.

Whether or not it is an achievement is not the question, the question is how annoying will a variable frame rate be.

Junior Potato
    True. It can be jarring for some, and I agree that a locked 60fps is amazing.

The good thing is that if there’s a lot of action on screen that’s taxing the GPU, it usually means that there’s plenty of things keeping you preoccupied anyway, so the most stressful scenes mightn’t be too bad. A racing game is not like a shooter which requires pixel-perfect accuracy, instead you can plan your moves a few beats ahead and react using your natural in-teh-z0ne racing skills.

I’ve been brought up on Gran Turismo on PS2, which was screen tearing central in some areas, and the PS3 games weren’t that much better. I think you’ll be just fine.