Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Project Cars 2

Great video!

Junior Potato
    I finally got my copy of PC2 for PS4, and Iím typing this while laying in bed a bit bleary-eyed from staying up so late last night while having a good go at this game.

It. Is. Fantastic.

After a few minutes of getting to grips with it, I set the FFB to raw and the FOV to 90 and never thought to touch the settings again. I might adjust a few things in the future but as it stands it feels pretty damn fresh.

Among other things, I drove an XJR-9 at Spa, a V12 LMR at Road America, a GT One at La Sarthe, a 650S GT3 at Portimao (so many laps of Portimao), and bless this game, an IndyCar at Long Beach. I put some headphones in and turned all the lights off and drove for hours and hours. Sadly the hot flavour of the month is GT Sport and Iím neglecting that while playing PCars, but itís nice to be spoiled for choice.

The game crashed a few times, but I was racing while downloading an 11GB update which might hopefully fix the issue. Thank fuck I have unlimited data on my broadband. Another negative is that the visuals leave a lot to be desired with so-so car models and boring lighting compared to GTS, as well as a choppy frame rate and plenty of screen tearing in busy scenes, but thatís made up for by dynamic weather and time of day options. Hopefully the update has smoothed things out.

But overall, Iím loving the tits on this thing.

Of the recent sims that have come out, PCars 2 has easily been my favorite. The cars just feel the best to me, I love the dynamic weather, and on the PC I think it's the best looking of the bunch. I really wish they had cross-platform multiplayer, it seems like most everyone I know has bought it on console.

WTF

If I go to the downloads page, it says it's only 3.6GB. Won't let me play at all. Now I gotta go find 10 GB to delete. Ugh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow.

Yeah, that's weird, as I think that's the overall size of the game. Maybe tell Steam to delete the local content, then re-download? It'll take longer, but it should free up the space.