Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Cars 2

Administrator
    If you ordered it on Steam, PCars2 is now available for pre-download, said it was somewhere around 45gb (though the download itself appears to be closer to 35).

Administrator
    The wife had major work drama yesterday which limited time, so I've only had time to put in one race this morning, and did it outside VR so it'd be easier to tweak things. I just threw together a 10 lapper at Long Beach in Toyota GT86s. Graphics are pretty phenomenal, and I thought the physics felt better than the first one. Their hud shows you pretty well how much you're pushing on each pedal, and that's what's lead me to find out that there's something up with my brake pedal on the Clubsport. Massive deadzone. I have to push it down about halfway to get it to register at all, and then it goes to full brake pretty soon thereafter. The deadzone shows up in Windows calibration for the pedal as well, so it's not just the game.

Guess it's a new debugging task I get to enjoy!

Administrator
    Of course, everything I'm looking at makes it sound like that's normal for the clubsports, but I still feel like I have to push down pretty hard just to get any sort of braking force out of it, harder than I remember. Hoping I'll get a chance to try out VR on it this weekend and see how that holds up.

I've definitely had issues with pressure on my V3s going back and forth between PC and Xbone. I think I got it sorted recently, but everything is unplugged and out away right now.

Junior Potato
    Deep review from some of the best. Just look at that triple screen setup. Beautiful.

Do they also review playing with a controller on an XBox One + single screen setup? While awesome, the full cockpit + triple screen experience isn't really relevant to some.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Not on Inside Sim Racing, heh!

You'd have to search out more, erm, basic review channels like IGN or something for the pleb option.

I can understand the need for this info, considering how hard PC1 was to play with a controller. I'm in the same boat.

On the console front, however, we've already been treated to a demo of FM7, and we know for sure that GT Sport will retain the refined feel of earlier Gran Turismo titles, so controller feel in those two games will be a non-issue.

Here you go Keith.

Administrator
    I managed to fall down the stairs not once but twice yesterday. First time wasn't so bad, but the second time I sprained my foot pretty good. So, looks like no PCars for me until that heals up. Sonofa, right when Forza 7 is coming out too.

stephen -
    Thanks, I saw that, was wondering if/hoping that ISR did the same.
    Get that weak shit off my track