Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Cars 2

Loose and stable setups are only on the PC at present. The loose setup is the default if you have a wheel connected. Personally I've preferred the stable setups up to now.

Yeah, the setup menu is a pain. You have to save the setup to a slot to make it work. You can't just change it, test it, change it, test it, then save it when you're happy.

Automatic for weather seems to default to giving you hard slicks.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenb View Post
    Loose and stable setups are only on the PC at present. The loose setup is the default if you have a wheel connected. Personally I've preferred the stable setups up to now.
    Ahh, that'd explain that. I don't think I've seen anyone thus far say they were faster with the loose setup, fwiw.

https://goo.gl/forms/GD9Zj6uESAw6hDVH3

If you have interest in participating in an online racing series, fill that out. They'd likely be hosted at www.reddit.com/r/redditracing/
    Get that weak shit off my track

I'm *really* liking PC2. I liked PC, so all they really had to do was not mess it up. But they took a lot of little suggestions and integrated them pretty nicely. It doesn't look as clean as FM7 for Win10 did, but that's to be expected. Everything in this game is geared towards "how real do you want to make it?" instead of having to dig and squeeze to try and trick an arcade game into doing something authentic.

I love the feature of having a setting where the Driving Aides automatically match what the car has in real life. Amazing, so simple but it's something I wanted. No more TCS/ABS on my '65 Mustang. The car selection screens and menus generally are a lot more intuitive this time around as well.
    The career ladder has about 5-6 rungs. I think the one I chose went Karting -> Ginetta Spec series -> GT4 -> GT3 -> Pirelli World Challenge. This time around it lets you start anywhere in the first half that you want, so you never have to set your ass in a kart. Yes!
    Oh, small win for me that no one will care about, but I LOVE having the Turner Motorsport livery for the M6 GT3. Awesome.

Biggest letdown is pretty predictable, poor car selection. Only one MINI in the game and it's a Clubman. Hopefully that will get fixed in the future, the MINI JCW was my favorite drive in FM7. There are some fantastic cars in the game for sure but the depth is pretty thin, tons of 'Classic Lotus' F1 cars, but no road cars. That kind of thing.

Other let down is, common on PS4, lack of multiplayer competitors. Not much variation in online lobbies (GT3 at Spa, anyone?!?!?!) and little support in external leagues like the reddit league.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I love the feature of having a setting where the Driving Aides automatically match what the car has in real life. Amazing, so simple but it's something I wanted. No more TCS/ABS on my '65 Mustang.
    I know, this is one of the things I raved about in Asetto Corsa, since i think it was the first to do this. It's a shame PC2 has screwed up the clutch/transmission stuff though. Hopefully that will be fixed in the future. I noticed, even when using an actual h-pattern shifter with auto-clutch off, it still will stay in neutral for a while. The input is not a direct correlation to the shifter.

Administrator
    The wife doesn't do manual transmissions but she wanted to check out the VR for PC2. So, I basically set just about every aid the cars could have, including having fully automatic transmissions. It was still kicking the back end of the car sideways on downshifts.

Administrator
    Interestingly, I took a couple of LMPs out for a spin and had absolutely no issues with the transmission, so it's not a game-wide bug.

Speaking of, I went out in the old Audi R8 LMP at Le Mans for a lap or two. I'm not sure how it sounds over normal speakers, but playing it in the Rift and hearing that engine bark to life as soon as the pit lane speed limiter let off...holy shit.

Administrator
    Bugs and all, I'm increasingly feeling like this is the racing sim to get. I haven't tried GT:Sport yet, but I've been having a blast with the formula rookie car in this. And that's just one car, but it's so much fun to drive. I'm not super far into Forza, but none of the cars I've driven in that have been as fun as this little thing is, and I just keep wanting to thrash it around another track. I just really wish it had cross-platform multiplayer.