Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

I should’ve posted something in here a while ago. Remember my son’s genetic thingo? It’s been affecting me somewhat subversively ... kind of a trigger for mounting panic and anxiety. I’ve held it together mostly but my performance at work suffers, then things get on top of me, and it’s been mounting and mounting. I saw my doctor and started antidepressants yesterday to pull it all together. Almost every day some small thing will have me close to tears, and close to cracking up. I think I’ve done that just in the nick of time. I’ve have a written warning hanging over my head since August, and EVERYONE is under the pump, but I happened to see some references to what turned out to be other people’s written warnings and performance management and went into full-blown panic. That’s when I booked the appointment.

I’m ok, but also it’s taken me a while to do something about it. When the chemist filled my prescription he started explaining that it takes a few days ... I cut him off with a smile and said “it’s ok, I’m not suicidal, it’s just a helping hand”

Incidentally, we don’t know anything about Jonah’s condition yet as they’ve been unable to diagnose. He seems to be catching up a bit, but to me in his facial features you can see there’s something there, subtly. Maybe I’m wrong. He had all his DNA tested and came back with 6 “variations of interest”, all of which can be attributed to his mum and me. One of them is half of a thing called Cornelia De Lang Syndrome, but apparently it’s dominant (as are the others) so you’d expect that if he did have that then we would exhibit it too.
    Last edited by G'day Mate; November 30th, 2018 at 10:56 PM.

Another interesting side note is that my own DNA tests came back with a thing called Smith Lemli Oppitz Syndrome. It’s very rare, and I’m a carrier, and you definitely don’t want it, but since the other half doesn’t also have it there’s no risk to our kids. We know positively that Jonah doesn’t have this one, just me.

That was a mild spin-out in itself

Ask me about my bottom br
    Hang in there Dave, and...

acket.