Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

Yup, we're doing whatever we can, for as long as we can. I think we've got like 3 adventures planned since Saturday (it's now Monday). So hopefully we can get a few of them done.

Administrator
    Sounds like all things aside, she's got a pretty amazing set of friends.

Hate to be a contrarian in this case, but since you said this is a relatively new friend… and she actually gathered you guys around to announce her diagnosis…

Personally I find that a little odd. I know I wouldn’t gather my friends like that, let alone gather my relatively new friends… I may just let few of my closest friends know privately…

Anyway, of course I’d also give her the benefit of the doubt, it’s no biggie chipping in a few bucks and plan her some trips. She very well could really have terminal cancer. However, just be prepared know where you’d draw the line in case you’re getting scammed by con-artist.

Of course if you know for sure she’s dying soon, then please ignore my post. Hope I’m wrong about this. I’ll just keep her in my prayers. Hope she’ll be able to enjoy all your generosities… of course I hope her life can be extended some more…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 7th, 2022 at 10:54 PM.

She is a very hermity type person by nature, so we have kind of appeared out of nowhere in her life, as found friends.

However given that we were at her mum's house on Saturday, it is indeed real. Plus some of the others had been visiting her in hospital during the diagnosis stage.

I recent read this article about con artists so I’m a bit paranoid about how people might use emotional means to con even the smartest folks !

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/con-a...bb991da98b/amp

Anyway, please ignore my previous post and I shall pray for her healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Oh great. A relatively new friend in my D&D group, has terminal cancer. She's like 33 years old. Found out Friday, gathered us all together on Saturday to break the bad news.

We're now on duty to be the nerdiest make a wish group ever, to try and get her to do and try as many new things as we can before she can't.
    Sorry to hear. I hate cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I recent read this article about con artists so I’m a bit paranoid about how people might use emotional means to con even the smartest folks !

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/con-a...bb991da98b/amp

Anyway, please ignore my previous post and I shall pray for her healing.
    That's fair enough to be cautious. However, in this case, I simply didn't provide much in the way of detail, because I didn't think this was the correct place to do so.

I just provided sufficient data to vent here about the situation.

Fuck cancer.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

She passed away on Friday 16th. So it was a short, and unpleasant journey. Unfortunately her family cut out the friend group entirely, which made everything worse.