Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

After just finding out that our mate Bill Davidson ("overpowered" to us) decided to end his own life I thought it would be good to start a thread here where we can talk openly about any troubles we may have. This community is probably as good a place as any to bring up such things, and this thread should always remain a safe place.

I feel sad that Neanderthal always picks on me... or even when he's not picking on me, he'd ignore me... I'm just sad that I piss him off with seemingly every word that I say.

BTW, who was the very 1st GTFXer to kick the bucket? Was it Wagsboy? I think he's the 1st that I remembered... can't believe so many have passed on over the years...

Anyway, enough about sad stuffs... I wonder who will be the last person to turn the lights off at this place.

I wasn kinda hoping this would be the one thread where we didn't make light of things

I don't think he is making light of it. I'm sure he is actually unhappy. Let's not judge why he feels that way.

Maybe up until the last bit.

And yeah I think it was Wags FWIW, at least among the regulars.

I'm not sad, per se. But between my new(ish, now, it's been 10 months) job, law school, FIL passing, and debt/depletion of savings from moving across country twice in two years the stress is starting to manifest itself through physical symptoms. Only time and stability will make it better as I'm not a 'pump me full of happy drugs' kind of person. I'm just so tightly wound it's making me sick which just makes the other stuff more difficult to manage.

If you see one of those 'most stressful life events' lists the wife and I have checked off most of them in the last few years. And she's just starting her doctorate. Blah.

Almost none of you know me very well, and it's not because I don't like you, I just have a hang up about being open with people I don't know very well. Things with me are worse than any of you know, but I don't discuss it because I feel that the only person who can legitimately give me the answers I need is myself, so dragging others into it only makes them feel bad, and results in a net negative in emotion, because I feel no better, and others feel worse. I'm probably going to be ok, eventually.

I know I'm not a huge jackass on here, but I'm sorry for times I am abrasive, especially when it comes to taking about photography stuff. Ask anyone who's actually met me, I'm not at all like that in real life. I don't know why I can be on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    Almost none of you know me very well, and it's not because I don't like you, I just have a hang up about being open with people I don't know very well. Things with me are worse than any of you know, but I don't discuss it because I feel that the only person who can legitimately give me the answers I need is myself, so dragging others into it only makes them feel bad, and results in a net negative in emotion, because I feel no better, and others feel worse. I'm probably going to be ok, eventually.
    You pretty much summed up my life.

When I met you in person many years ago you seemed like an ordinary guy. I always thought "sad, little man" was a playful, self-deprecating moniker, didn't know there was real sadness behind it. I hope you get through whatever troubles you're dealing with. I wish that for everyone who's going through shit, myself too.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Full disclaimer= I am medicated...not for depression but for panic attacks. However, the medicine I take, Zoloft (generic) has worked wonders for my state of well being. I used to get embarrassed over the smallest things, and would feel overwhelmed with stress and it has helped immensely. I am NOT a fan of medicating people as the first option but just wanted to mention it.

Having said that, I have had a rough few months, just dealing with finances, car breakdowns, fiancee breaking up with me, and other things.

My situation is a bit unique because I have a MAJOR project I am working on and it is keeping me motivated because if it succeeds, I will be in a much better place financially and won't be stuck in the same job I've been stuck at for 15 years.

I cannot speak for others, but I will give a few tips about dealing with some things:

- Focus on improving your diet if you eat crappy food (and can afford healthier options). Though I'm not great at taking my own advice, I'm very sensitive to certain chemicals and they can change my mood greatly. Caffeine especially changes my stress levels as I can only take small amounts (no regular coffee for me)

- Go for a walk or a drive to clear your mind of things....walking is exercise and driving is fun if its not in traffic

- If you're feeling overwhelmed, write down your concerns...all of them...and try to go through them somehow to fix or ignore them. Occasionally I'll realize that I'm not in a good mood, but don't remember why. I then take time to think about what caused it and decide whether it really should be affecting me or not.

- Modern life is full of challenges, full of distractions and artificial things. Always try to get enough sleep, without your smartphone next you all night.

- Another problem is trying to live up to others expectations...decide whether it's worth it to impress certain people or not.

Sorry, I've forgotten who you are, you changed your name on here, right? Sandeep is that you?

Anyway, bear in mind that I made this username back in 2001 (holy shit!). Lots have changed since then. It was initially made as a playful, self-depreciating moniker. But yeah, anyway, I need to figure my shit out, because I am never going to be happy wasting my life away sitting behind a desk all day like this. Something's gotta change, but it's so easy to just keep collecting a pay check.