Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

You guys aren't getting it. It's easy to say and not easy to do. Rikadyn, I cannot begin to understand your troubles and neither can anyone else here. We hope to be supportive as we can and I am sure the guys are just trying to help. Alas, there is not much we can really do. I hope things improve for you, pal. It is frustrating to see people struggle and not be able to help.

In other news, I really miss socializing with other humans in person.

Holden, you know me.

My phone is always on

I feel shitty for not responding to you, Rikadyn, but I also feel wholly unqualified to help. I feel the same as Cam - I want to support, but have no idea how.

I also am with you Cam - we've been lucky that we have a few friends as introverted and nerdy as we are, so they also aren't really ever seeing anyone else so we've been able to have our own "pod" that gets together on the occasional Sunday. I miss my parents a lot - my dad's birthday is Feb. 21, so we're coming up on a year now since I last saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    You guys aren't getting it. It's easy to say and not easy to do. Rikadyn, I cannot begin to understand your troubles and neither can anyone else here. We hope to be supportive as we can and I am sure the guys are just trying to help. Alas, there is not much we can really do. I hope things improve for you, pal. It is frustrating to see people struggle and not be able to help.
    Yeah, I'm sure I don't really get it since I don't really suffer from depression... I've only been depressed and it's much easier to lift my mood out of that. I can only imagine that perhaps when our brains are locked in a particular mode, it'd be incredibly hard to get out of that. Whether that mode is smoking, or substance abuses... or perhaps even depression? It's just not easy to quit those things...

Anyway, still, in theory, in order to quit something, rather than just try to quit cold turkey, it's probably best to find something else better as substitute? If we could get our brain to busily focus on something else, then perhaps the brain might forget about cigarettes, drugs or perhaps even depression?

Of course I'm no psychologist/psychiatrist, just a conjecture...

Rikadyn, if you're lonely, just talk to us. We're the best buddies you have right now!

Of course, if you want me to shut up, I can shut up too.

Ask me about my bottom br
    yes, cam is right. I'm sorry for trying to 'fix' you, Holden.

I'm here to read you and cheer you on.
    acket.