Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

Hang in there Sandy. That must be very painful.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

― Dr. Seuss

Sage advice, thank you.

Shit, for the 1st time after 11years of marriage, I'll be home alone because wife and kid are heading back to Taiwan to take care of my mother in law who's undergoing surgery...

For the next 3 weeks, I hope I won't go nuts and die... for it is not good for a man to be alone.

At least I still have 3 cats at home to love and hold...

When I've lost young friends I've most noticed their absence at events/gatherings they would otherwise usually attend. That's not very helpful sorry ... that's just how it is. I still have their numbers in my phone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Shit, for the 1st time after 11years of marriage, I'll be home alone because wife and kid are heading back to Taiwan to take care of my mother in law who's undergoing surgery...

For the next 3 weeks, I hope I won't go nuts and die... for it is not good for a man to be alone.

At least I still have 3 cats at home to love and hold...
    Every summer (since 2014) my wife takes the kids and goes to Seattle for two weeks to visit her family, leaving me home alone. The first 3-4 days are usually peaceful and stress-free, and I can really relax and...breathe. Every couple needs some time away from each other, and from the kid(s) too. Then after a while it starts to get too peaceful, and loneliness slowly creeps in. I usually invite my friends over the first weekend for a game of poker, and we go out a little more. It's nice to have the company. By the middle of the following week is when the loneliness kicks into higher gear, and I'm quite unable to relax, and start getting anxious and excited to see them again.

I think you'll be fine with your cats. Go out or invite some friends over for drinks or whatever. Spend some quality time with yourself. FaceTime (or any video chat) will help big time if you miss your family too much.

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    When I've lost young friends I've most noticed their absence at events/gatherings they would otherwise usually attend. That's not very helpful sorry ... that's just how it is. I still have their numbers in my phone too.
    Yeah I don't think I'll delete my buddy's phone number. I did archive our WhatsApp chat, as I recognized it probably wasn't healthy to look at it every day. In the next little while I'll export the chat to my email, and then when I'm ready, delete the chat off of WhatsApp.
    Last edited by sandydandy; May 25th, 2018 at 03:17 PM.

Still feeling the loss of Totalbiscuit to cancer. I will miss his SC2 commentary and overall content greatly. Who I feel worse for is his family. While I lost someone that I liked from youtube and the like, they lost a husband and father.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Don't know if this falls in the sad or glad side of the spectrum. But recently i reconnected with an old love. I made sure to let her know that she changed the way i looked at life. And that i was glad that someone of such importance could still be (in those terms, i know she ain't there or that i could count on her, but that she exists in the same plane as i do).

It was awkward AF, obvs... You know, we hurt each other on our way out of that relationship (mostly ourselves, i think), but it felt good to (not) move on.

I think I've placed a lot of emotional weight on past events (thanks Dad!) throughout my life, and part of coming to terms with who i am is being graceful to those who've loved me.
    acket.

I can't believe it's been a little over four months now since my buddy died. Time has flown by. It's still so bizarre and impossible to believe. I feel like he's on vacation or something. I called his cell phone the other day, just to hear his voicemail greeting, but the number was not in service. I found out that his wife called the provider and cut the number in the first month. He was a financial planner, so I checked his website and that was gone too.

It's like he's not coming back or something...

Seriously, that's how hard it is to believe. The man was born to live. So charismatic and had a personality that was larger than life. That's what makes it so difficult to believe that he's just fucking gone now. I watch his YouTube videos every now and then so I don't forget him. I hope his wife doesn't take those down.

Damn I miss my brother.

:'(