Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Please do seek out help

Odds are, that a bunch of this is being made worse by your brain wiring fucking with you. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying, suggesting, or implying that the tough times you are suffering at the moment are not real, or important, or things that aren't going to mess with you. But professional help (and maybe meds) may really give you some good coping tools.

It might not feel like it at times, but you're a valuable, and important part of the world, and in the life of your family and friends.
    Meds only helped in placebo, therapist kind of helped but not really, it was good to talk but it just persisted.

Should’ve kept on taking the placebo.

Perhaps try eastern medicine?

Also, Jordan Peterson claims his daughter came up with an all meat diet that helped with his arthritis and depression. Not saying that it’ll really work for you, but perhaps you could also use trial and error to see which food helps and which food screws up your mood. Diet or gut bacteria for sure can have an effect on depression, but not sure if we really have any real scientific way to back that up...

Anyway, if you feel like talking, surely this forum is still full of folks willing to talk and assist in whatever way necessary. Hang in there dude.

For everyone here, my phone is on.

It may be in mute, but it is always on and I check it regularly.

Sorry to hear about everyone's bad times.

In local news, a good buddy's wife has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer. Estimated stage 2a, and they're figuring on a double mastectomy. We all know each other from high school and college.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    Meds only helped in placebo, therapist kind of helped but not really, it was good to talk but it just persisted.
    Do you think it might be worth considering trying a different therapist, or meds? Might be that you haven't found the right Dr, or chemicals.

After 3yrs my mother lost her battle with cancer.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that man.

Hopefully she lived longer than my mother before cancer got her (few days before her 50th).

Sorry man, cancer fucking sucks