Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

Today is Mother's day and it's the first one since she passed. I miss her.

Sorry your mom isn't doing well Cam. Is it getting to a point where she will have to be in a facility?

Janelle is right there with you.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Don't know what to say, Ash.

But i take your words are with the utmost sympathy.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    Janelle is right there with you.
    I know she completely understands. I've avoided facepage most of the day to save myself from unnecessary tears.

Today was the second time we were supposed to find out Jonah's test results. Two weeks ago they weren't ready and we had to ring back, and today we found out the test failed (that is, there's no result) so they need to re-test. Three more weeks, and it's become very urgent now due to the pregnancy. Someone said to me that it must be "frustrating" ... it's not, it's brutal.

I have no words.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Cam, Is your mom under medication? My friend's mom also suffers from dementia but they adjusted her treatment after a second opinion and it was much, much better.

It went from unmanageable child to adult who needs supervision.
    acket.

My mom refuses to even entertain the notion that she has a problem. To her, the stuff she is perceiving is REAL and she DOES NOT have dementia or a mental illness. She is a perfectly functioning human being otherwise. She has everyone fooled that nothing is wrong. She knows the stuff happening to her is unbelievable by normal society. Most of the stuff she believes is happening is totally implausible and/or impossible. Therefore, she has kept it a secret because everyone will think she's crazy. It's so effed up. I feel helpless to do anything and I feel like I am abandoning the situation, leaving the problem to my brothers. I feel really bad for my dad, who has been dealing with it for almost three years now. He never let on anything was wrong. He's 86 and I think he's just waiting for death so he does not have to deal with it anymore. He's pretty much just ignoring the problem. He's kind of bad at talking about things like this. There is nothing I can do about it unless my mom is hurting herself or someone else. I tried to convince her she should see a mental health professional, but she is adamant that her issues ARE REAL and she does not have a mental health problem. I could write a novel about this shit, but I feel like I've written too much already.

Administrator
    Man, the worst I had was my increasingly racist grandmother (she started pretty racist, so it wasn't a difficult transition). I'm sorry you are going through that.