Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

Good thread. I'll be back in a couple hours when I can sit and type out the wild ride I've been on the past few years. Actually, I think I'll take it way back to the year 2000 or so and the hoary old GPL racing days...

A ZZ sighting!

Good lord.

Kid I coach told me last night at practice one of his friends committed suicide.

:/

Life fucking sucks sometimes.

Ah man,

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I can't concentrate.
    I only want to sleep.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    A ZZ sighting!
    yup still kickin...

So anyway, back in 2000. Things were going pretty smooth for me - had been married a few years, had a little house and so on. I was spending my free time racing GPL with a bunch of guys i’d met on kenji’s GT forum. Cuda when he was still just a run-of-the-mill alien, blerpa, stu, dick dastardly...(speaking of, anyone ever learn what became of DD? I know he dealt with some mental health issues back then). Early 2001 we found out we were expecting our first kid. I remember having conversation in the GPL chat room about the impact fatherhood would have on my video game time, and it was all true! Lol...real life does get in the way. My son was born a week after 9/11. Number 2 son arrived about 4 years later.

Life went on smoothly ftmp. Gradually the GPL league dissolved and the business of parenthood and family life sort of took precedence for me.

Until about 4 years ago when my marriage fell apart. It was pretty much a totally unexpected thing for me. I mean we’d had our ups and downs of course...what 25 year relationship doesn’t? But things had always been ok. I was coasting along under the assumption we were going to make it to the finish line. But she started to change. At first I didn’t notice really...she was just going to the gym, getting in shape. No prob...but over a period of about a year she lost some weight, got a couple tats, started spending significant time “at the gym” and then as Xmas approached started having lots of “office functions”to attend that I wouldn’t really be interested in. I distinctly remember the third or fourth of these functions when I kissed her as she left and turned back into the house and it hit me - “holy shit she’s cheating on me!”

That marked the beginning of a year or so of real ugliness as we navigated the end of our conjunction. It sucked. At the same time, we were also having significant issues with my older son. Real significant. I became intimately familiar with terms such as “conduct disorder” and “ODD” and I became familiar with the local CFS people and even the police and that all really sucked too.

Basically, the last few years has been a real meat-grinder. There were periods where I was in a very dark place. There is depression in my lineage - my mom has dealt with it a lot most of her adult life. But thankfully, I seem to not have that in me. Even at my darkest, I always saw a light at the end of the tunnel and felt like I just needed to soldier on and i’d get there. I had support from family and my best friend and got through and now here I am, divorced, living in a modest 2 bdrm with my older son, who I still have a real strained relationship with - he reminds me a lot of Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad, only maybe with a bit less of a conscience - but things have levelled off considerably and i’m starting to enjoy life again. My younger son lives with my ex and stays with me every second weekend. It sucks, but we all live only minutes apart so it’s not too bad.

Life is a rollercoaster.

I also lost a close friend last year - one of the 2 buddies i’d call “life long” friends. That was sad, and more so because he had had a pretty crappy 50 years on the planet thanks to having been born to a couple of quite messed up parents. I can work up a strong melancholy thinking about his circumstances. Some people are almost set up for hard times from the moment they are born...
    Last edited by Zevious Zoquis; April 25th, 2018 at 04:18 AM.

Damn, sorry to hear, pal. I hope things are on the upswing for you. Good luck.

What brought you back here man?

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    What brought you back here man?
    GT Sport went on sale so I grabbed it and noticed a few of the guys in my PS4 friends list from here were also playing it so thought I'd check in and see what's goin on...