Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Sorry, man.
    acket.

Thanks guys! My dear kitty was probably trying to save us from our hefty medical bills... picked a great time to crash... in the middle of the nite... the only ER doc in town has been in surgery all nite... finally in the morning when she’s about to be seen by our vet, she breathed her last.

Saved us from having to decided whether to put her to sleep...

Gonna miss her!

Of course we are in a denomination that believe all cats go to heaven too. Surely she’s in good hands right now...

Pets are wonderful, but they break your hearts so often.

Administrator
    I'm glad you were saved from that decision, we had to make that call with the last cat we had put down. We both know ultimately that it was the right call, but it doesn't take away that doubt.

No doubt your cat had a better life than it would have had without you.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in this regard, but I have to give all credit to my wife. You see, Mintie, with cute green eyes, had some chronic issues with her liver and diarrhea... so she actually has very stinky breath! Wife nursed her to a relatively healthy cat trying various diets and supplements, but there were still occasional flair ups. Medical conditions aside, she was a super sensitive cat, who could sense your emotions..., heck, she could sense my wife’s emotions better than me and able to comfort the wife with her meows and looks. Incredibly, when wife and I got into heated discussions/arguments, unlike our other cats who’d just go into hiding, Mintie would actually stand between us and even try to put her paws on our mouths to tell us to shut the fuck up!

It’s amazing that I now find myself missing her stinky breath and diarrhea smell...

Heart broken, yes, but as the cliche says, it better to have loved than never had her at all!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    It’s amazing that I now find myself missing her stinky breath and diarrhea smell...
    Dude!
    acket.

Sorry about your cat, Billi.

Thanks!

Our other 2 cats who don't usually get along that well with Mintie ended up kinda depressed and refuse to eat for a while too..., didn't think Mintie's death would affect them that much...

Anyway, we're all slowly getting back to normal. Daughter and I still had a good cry upon hearing 'Remember Me' from Coco in the car the other day...

Wife has been hit the most. Mintie's IBD issues resulted in her need for having meals 6 times a day. One of which is at around 5am in the morning. Whenever she gets hungry, she'd come scratch on my wife's head to wake her up to feed her. She knows I'm a heavy sleeper so she'd never try to wake me up!

It's been a week and wife still keeps on waking up around 5am expecting a good scratch on the head, but instead just crys herself back to sleep... sigh...

I usually make jokes about cats being arseholes, but I know exactly how it is with pets and I'm sorry to hear, Billi.

(posted next to a huge, sleeping, idiot, best friend dog, who I love)
    Last edited by G'day Mate; November 17th, 2018 at 05:39 AM.