Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

Administrator
    Yes, and we got the confirmation finally, so he is coming home tomorrow. I am very relieved, and thanks for letting me vent to y'all.

A 17-year-old kid from my son's school died in a car accident last night. He was the passenger. The driver was going ultra fast and veered off the road, and they collided a tree. A dog also died in the car. I saw a picture of the car, it was a mangled mess. My son is also 17, so this hits really close to home. I think he knew him. Might've had a couple of classes with him, but they weren't friends or anything. 17-years-old, so heart wrenching. Can't imagine what his parents are going through. He had a little brother too.

Driver, also 17, is banged up and recovering in the hospital. Upon awakening, he'll be charged with criminal negligence causing death. Equivalent to vehicular manslaughter. WTF was he thinking driving like that? Took his buddy's life. Now he has to live with the consequences for the rest of his days.

Damn. Sorry to hear all of this bad news.

Per the 17yr old. A lot of kids don't have any foresight into consequence of action. They are terrible at impulse control and ultimately Hedonistic. That makes for some really sad cases.

Best of luck guys. Take time to take care of yourselves during these tough times.

Yesterday was my mother's birthday, first sense she passed. I was sad, but then my dad decided to tell me that he is looking to go to court to stop me and my brother from receiving the money from their divorce that he was ordered to pay my mom (and passed to us on her passing) so my sadness was replaced with rage...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    my sadness was replaced with rage...
    acket.

Yesterday was my mother's birthday, first sense she passed. I was sad, but then my dad decided to tell me that he is looking to go to court to stop me and my brother from receiving the money from their divorce that he was ordered to pay my mom (and passed to us on her passing) so my sadness was replaced with rage...
    Jeez.

Sorry man, hope things work out amicably.

Administrator
    Good lord, that sucks. Sorry that you're going through that.

Wow is all I can say..

sandydany, I didn't want to cloud up the 'glad' thread with this as the vibe is pretty good in there.

As someone that wants to practice auto related law I think about DUI cases and I don't understand the trial strategies. Other than dismissal through evidentiary technicalities I'm not sure what defendants dispute.

If you don't mind sharing, what was the theory of your case?