Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

Well also sounds like they have you get a diagnosis from them as well but yea, I should probably get one anyway, but I just don't know how I will afford it.

Holden, do they have free clinics near you, or providers that take payments towards the bills? I know in NC and here in Pittsburgh we have free clinics for those that can't afford the visit. They should be able to provide you with a diagnosis or send you to a provider who can. Let us know if we can help in anyway. Even if it's to pay for your visit to get you started. Hugs

Great idea Ashie! If cost really ends up being a barrier, perhaps there can be a go fund me page... I'm opened to chip in some money before medicare for all kicks in!

Anyway, before that, here's some free advice from Jordan Peterson: how to overcome misery.

Welp that's not happening, way too expensive for me right now, and the nurse taking the call was like "if you get your insurance back call us"...

Not to mention that I don't want to deal with the corporation or hospital running the place because they are blood suckling parasites

Hang in there with Jordan Peterson’s free advice for a while... Medicare for all is coming soon!

A revolution against depression is coming!!!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    Welp that's not happening, way too expensive for me right now, and the nurse taking the call was like "if you get your insurance back call us"...
    Did you call NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)?
    acket.

Administrator
    I'm definitely not alone in this whole COVID-19 thing, obviously. That said, of course I'm worried about my parents, I'm worried about both my job and my wife's given the way dear leader has tanked the stock market. I've been working really hard to keep a stiff upper lip about all of this, but the news just gets worse and worse.

Surprisingly, we've suddenly found ourselves under the influence of the "atmospheric river", which has kept us under a slate grey sky and constant drizzle, which is unusual for Southern California. It's definitely got my wife feeling the doldrums, so I've been trying to keep finding the positives - we're hunkered down, we're reasonably safe, our home is nice, we'll be able to get through it. In the meantime, I'm just trying to find the few parts of normal life that keep things feeling sane. Part of that is local haunts like restaurants where we go often enough that the people feel like family. That all just got shut down today for the next two weeks.

In the meantime, we just got the first sunny day in many days, and I took the chance to ride my bike. I rode to the local Indian market and found that, unlike the local grocery store, they had plenty of rice and I bought a 10 pound bag of basmati. Then I just kept riding - the weather was nice, riding is a "socially distant" activity, and it was great.

Until I got into Brentwood and found a car full of younger folk who took it upon themselves to repeatedly mock me for my appearance. I really wish I'd thought to take a u-lock to their wing mirror, but fuck. It's been a really hard bunch of weeks, between my wife getting sick (non COVID, but bad things happened), this whole COVID thing, my wife's aunt getting diagnosed with a particularly aggressive form of cancer, etc etc. I finally had a moment of just solace and a bunch of fucking dickheads ruined it.

I feel really petty and lame complaining about this, but it really took it out of me to have that happen.

I always thought you looked quite handsome before, what happened to your appearance now?

Fuck those kids!

Remember Jesus loves you no matter what!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I always thought you looked quite handsome before, what happened to your appearance now?
    I got older and fatter, which they were more than happy to point out in a myriad of ways.

Normally this wouldn't get to me, but I'm just feeling so slammed from so many directions.