Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Get a cat tigeraid (no pun on your name intended), they are good stress relievers when smoochy.

I don't talk politics anywhere usually if i can help it, as i too get sick of the arguments, rebuttals etc. I don't consider myself right or left wing (don't even know what they mean exactly either, and don't care to know), i just vote for/follow whoever has the policy/promises (fake ones usually) etc that i align to better.

But yeah, even though it'll be hard to realise/tell yourself etc, you do seem to have a lot of things going for you compared to a lot of other people (including people i know/some of my family), so don't give up. Talking to someone could help you pinpoint what exactly could be causing the stress.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    I made it a point to avoid all political talk "in the open" on facebook for that reason. Nothing on my wall now but music, cars and video game shit. But it's crazy how they leap on anything--if I make a comment on, say, a public news article on The Washington Post's facebook page, sure enough on of my conservative friends, who I might not have talked to about politics for MONTHS, will sub-reply to it with the usual "BUT TRUDEAU!!!!!!" or "HER EMAILS!!!" It's fucking impossible to avoid.
    I actually think some recent changes to Facebook are causing this. I didn't used to see it, but now I constantly see posts from pages I don't subscribe to because someone I know "liked" it or commented on it. I saw one today where an FB friend I vehemently disagree with politically was commenting on something related to the current NFL protest thing. It was on some local news station to where he lives that I've never heard of.

Why the fuck do they insist on showing me this? It also makes me less likely to comment on things because he's the kind of person who will show up and reply and just generally make my day a pain in the ass, and I know he'll be shown anything I write on any page. It makes me less likely to share, and I find I interact with my friends less on there.

LoL how is Roofer these days?

Tigeraid, try meditation. You can do the free trial of Headspace, which is awesome.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    LoL how is Roofer these days?
    Dammit, I'm trying to follow the rules by not naming said person.

Unsurprisingly, he was not happy with anybody kneeling.

Gotta say though, he's been a lot better about just being a normal person after I lost it a bit on him.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    its amazing how a lot of conservatives love the first amendment until there's something they disagree with (and yes, I'll throw SOME lefties in this too, like trying to prevent conservative people from speaking at universities)

Junior Potato
    I'm a lot better adjusted nowadays after I gave up on checking FB every day. I decided a few months ago that the mental stress wasn't worth it.

Yes, I miss out on interacting with a lot of close friends that I don't get to see in person, but I've weighed that up in my head and found myself better off.

I have friends who follow both sides of the political spectrum, so I get a wide range of topics put forward. Somewhat ironically even the stuff from the lefty side (which I'd call myself a part of) gave me the shits.

I urge all of you to give it the flick. Facebook is the worst website ever made.

Yep, even worse than the Time Cube.

Junior Potato
    And speaking of ol' Roofer, I hid that dumb cunt's posts from my timeline years ago. His timeline is a mess of contradictions. Not worth the effort.

Administrator
    I did too, but FB apparently doesn't care about that when it comes to other posts/pages that he likes/comments on. I just don't see his first-hand posts.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I have about 300 friends on FB and only follow about 4 people, so I don't really see posts of people I don't agree with