Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaming guilty pleasures

To answer the original question, watching Keith race is a guilty pleasure. I generally think people that watch others play a game are mouth breathers, but something about live racing hooks me. I used to watch iRacing broadcasts too.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Been wanting to try Farming Simulator ever since i saw the forestry option (or maybe slightly before that), but it hasn't gone anywhere near what i'd want to pay for it, so will hold off for now.

And in terms of the topic title, i can spend hours upon hours making stuff in Minecraft, making things all nice and perfect - all for no-one to see, other than family members who pop in for co-op. Huge time sink.

You could use the 2 week free trial of Xbox game pass and play Farming Sim 15.

In my gaming life I came across all different kind of simulations.
    And I like everything vehicular, on the ground, in and on the sea and in the sky.
    Be it cars, bikes, trucks, busses, construction vehicles, trains, tanks, boats, submarines, planes or spacecrafts.

So of course I was also a bit curious about farming sims but a bit skeptical if I would like them.

One day I snatched a farming sim bundle for Steam for cheap but the sims were no fun to play.

But I subscribed to a german YT channel that only feature all kinds of sim.
    And they played the hell out of Farming Sim 17 and it looked fun and tempting unlike the other farming sims that I tried.

So a bit more than a week ago I saw the base game of Farming Sim 17 50% off at Steam and I bought it.
    And I wasn`t disappointed.
    Operating all the different kind of machines, seeing them in action and doing all the farm work is really fun.

Yesterday I discovered that the XB1 version of Farming Simulator 17 was on sale for XBL members.
    It was the Premium Edition with all content and the season pass which includes the upcoming Platinum DLC:

■ Platinum Expansion
    ■ Challenger MT800E Field Python
    ■ Challenger MT900E Anaconda
    ■ Fendt 939 Black Beauty
    ■ KUHN Equipment Pack
    ■ Big Bud Pack

The upcoming Platinum DLC:

Big Bud DLC - that is the tractor I`m saving for:

The game support online play, mods, even on consoles and if you don`t like to earn money by farming, you can download a mod that gives you plenty of money, if you just want to spend money on gear.

On the XB1 I started on the eastern european map and my farm there looks like a run down former kolkhoz.

Edit: The game has a few tutorials on different aspects of the game and there is an optional HUD for the game controls which is very helpful.

Gameplay: You start out with a farm and few equipment.
    To earn money you got to plant, harvest, store and sell your harvest but you can also expand on livestock and forestry.
    If you are tired of a task you can hire a farmhand by the press of a button and he will automatically quit once he finished his task.

But you can also help your neighboring farmers by doing their tasks for money.
    These tasks got a time limit which makes it sometimes a little challenge but the quicker you solve it, the more money you can make.

And it`s also a good method to learn the task and handle the equipment.
    The farmers provide their equipment for their tasks so it`s also a good chance for a test drive.

If you don`t got the right equipment for your farm, you can rent it.

Time can set to realtime or in different acceleration steps.
    Last edited by animalica; September 20th, 2017 at 03:43 AM.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    That's OK too, since I assume that in your neck of the woods you don't have easy access to karaoke parlours or cosplay.
    Don't worry about the karaoke. A large amount of Asian immigration to Australia has seen to that. There's a neat little place called JPOPS just near my place that we visit fairly often to get our karaoke fix. It's BYO, and private booths are the go. Perfect.

And as for cosplay, well Halloween is coming up, and all you need to do is make sure your female guests dress up nicely.

Heh, nice.

I've played 2608 hours of FS 13 & I haven't played it regularly since sometime in 2014.

The best thing about FS are the mods. Without courseplay I would've quit playing after 150 hours. With courseplay it no longer required 100% attention and one could do other 'stuff' while babysitting the game.

By the time I quit playing had 75% of the equipment my dad used & all of it was mods. (FS is an EU game with 0% USA equipment in game older 2010, except for the Farmall H.)

Transport Fever is my current chill out game when I'm tired of playing WarThunder.

Quote Originally Posted by M4FFU View Post
    My wife is getting one of her friend's Dads who runs a farm to sort me out a ride on a tractor and combine.

It's not quite Barbie's Dreamhouse Party, but it's close...
    If you ever make it to Iowa or Texas, let me know and I get you in the cab of one thing or another.

I spend quite a bit of time on match 3 games on my phone. I usually play them right until the point that I can't proceed without paying, and then play for a little bit more.
    I played Marvel: Puzzle quest for over a year, and currently I'm playing Legendary:Game of Heroes.