Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm feeling glad." thread.

Youtube is probably your easiest bet?

Anyway, good job Jonah!

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Last Sunday, six days before his second birthday, Jonah finally took his first steps. His mum was at work too so I got to see it first.

Fast forward another four days and he can walk the length of the house, navigating all sorts of obstacles including Max.

I have it all on video - is there a way to do video attachments?
    That's great news!

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    he can walk the length of the house, navigating all sorts of obstacles including Max.
    He's already doing better than the average Aussie

Dave, that's awesome, and you seem like an awsome dad. Of course you'll love him no matter what, but I'm glad to hear this.

Earlier this year, I told Lori, "I think 2018 is going to be my year." While I feel like I have not "made it" yet, things are going in that direction and the year is only half out. My Instagram account has exploded in the last month. I went from struggling for a year to get up to 700 followers to surging into the thousands almost overnight. While my momentum has slowed a bit, I think I will pass 10,000 followers by the end of the month! The notion is kind of boggling. Now I just need to figure out how to convert my following into YouTube subs and art sales. It is great that so many people like my work, but I am frustrated that I have not sold any woodwork since Open Studios in April. However, my cousin is going to buy a piece for his mom (my aunt who loves my work.) Plus, I am currently working on a piece for a guy that is the proprietor of a local sawmill. I am exchanging art for wood.

A guy with a popular woodworking podcast recently contacted me to be on his podcast. Not sure when that will happen though.

Just an hour ago, I was submitting an online application to a local juried exhibition. I was working on my artist statement as Lori walked in. I mentioned that I was writing about using reclaimed wood and sustainability. She made a thrusting motion with her hips and said in a sexy voice, "My wood is sooo sustainable." I nearly fell out of my chair. I love my wife soooo much.

I feel like I need someone to prime the pump on my Etsy store. Don't tell anyone, but I am going to have a Labor Day sale to try to get some sales. So if you are on the fence about buying a piece, just wait a few more weeks. I think I will have 20% off.
    Last edited by Cam; August 12th, 2018 at 11:03 AM.

Awesome!

Maybe you should collaborate with MR2 to recreate ‘prints’ of your wood works?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    She made a thrusting motion with her hips and said in a sexy voice, "My wood is sooo sustainable."

Here's another one from just recently: I am about to get in bed. Lori is already in bed looking at her phone. Her e-book and headphones are on the bed, in my spot. I say, "Move your shit." Without saying anything, she reaches over, slides them about two inches and goes back to her phone. After a beat, we both burst out laughing.

Love it!