Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm feeling glad." thread.

The "I'm feeling glad." thread.

I am risking sounding like I am gloating, but I feel like I should create a thread contrary to the sad thread.

I am glad to have a wonderful, smart, pretty, successful partner that is very supportive of what I do.

I am glad that my wife and I can own a house without fear of it being bombed, flooded, earthquaked or destroyed by some other "act of god."

I am glad that I have a great, active dog that loves doing anything with us.

I am glad that I can walk with my partner and my dog in my neighbourhood at night without fear of being mugged or worse.

I am glad for my health. I survived a serious childhood neck problem that could have left me a paraplegic. I survived skin cancer. I survived pericarditis (so far), which is still bothering me today. I also have an acoustic neuroma in my left ear, but it is not serious enough to bother me.

I am glad to be in the unique position of pursuing my passions, thanks to the support of aforementioned partner.

I am glad to have made some wonderful friends in person and via the internet.

I am glad.

I own a 1:1 Cam painting. Everything else is just gravy.

1 of 1 or 1:1? Cause a 1:1 would be amazing.........and I'm super jealous.

I'm glad that you're glad!

Is it a painting of Cam?

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Is it a painting of Cam?
    “He is a loathsome, offensive brute, yet I cannot look away.”

This thread is not just about me. I hope others have good things happening in their lives.

Junior Potato
    I do.

I love my job, even though it is basic as fuck and doesn’t pay all that much.

I get to play videogames, collect Lego, drink whiskey and ride motorbikes.

Not owning a house and not having kids means I have no responsibilities apart from myself and my very meagre bills. I could afford to do that if I wanted to, I’d just have to stop being an overgrown child, which comes with it’s own drawbacks, but also a whole load of other rewards. So whatever I choose in this regard is all good.

On a more personal note, none of you know this but I’ve been living with my best friend since she split with her partner in 2013, and in 2015 she lost her job and came down with Crohn’s disease. She used the opportunity to start her own graphic design business and has been slowly building it up over the last two years.

But the flip side to this is that she doesn’t earn much money - it is a huge sacrifice she’s making to build momentum in her own life while dealing with an autoimmune disease that pretty much prevents her from being able to hold a regular job.

So without even batting an eyelid, I’ve been helping her out and keeping her head above water. She’s an NZ citizen which means she can’t claim welfare, so I’ve been paying her rent for the last two years. Every week I transfer an extra $170 into the rent account.

If I didn’t do it, my bestest friend in the whole wide world would have to move back across the sea to live with her parents until she could make ends meet again. There is literally nobody else that can help her out like this, even her fuckwit ex-fiancée thought he could try rekindle their relationship but the thought of that financial mountain climb was too much for him to bare.

So it is left to me.

And I find it extremely rewarding.

You don’t know what it’s like to be someone’s rock until you’re needed, and I know that a few of you know what I mean. Yes, it’s a significant burden, but I hold my head high while I carry it. Without it my life would be a little bit more comfortable, but also a little bit more boring.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Don't get me started on the 'benefits' Kiwis miss out on in Aussie, that Aussies can get in NZ. There's been (political) talk of us starting to restrict things that Aussies can do/get here because of how we've been excluded over your neck of the woods.

Anyway. I've got lots of things i'm glad about, but don't want to list them incase it jinxes things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I am glad to have a wonderful, smart, pretty, successful partner that is very supportive of what I do.

I am glad that my wife and I can own a house without fear of it being bombed, flooded, earthquaked or destroyed by some other "act of god."
    Do your wife and partner know about each other?