Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm feeling glad." thread.

Wife, kid, cars, motorcycles, cigars, video games. Yep I'm good.

No wife, no kids, house has been paid off for years, work is good, health is well. To me that is happiness.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Roof over our heads is sound. And that, given the context is happy time.
    acket.

I have a healthy family. Live in a great place with lots to do. The kids are much better off here than they were in Chicago. We have a 2nd income now, and more flexibility. So in general, things are going pretty good.

I am back to full time status in the OR, working 4 10 hour shifts again. I begin call next month, and I am actually excited for it. I missed the work, the extra area for income, and the payoff of what I do.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Do you still coach, coach tyler?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I am back to full time status in the OR, working 4 10 hour shifts again. I begin call next month, and I am actually excited for it. I missed the work, the extra area for income, and the payoff of what I do.
    Way to go man.

We're proud of you here, both for your work on your recovery, and also for the tough job that you do.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Do you still coach, coach tyler?
    Yes sir, I'm back to doing that as well between 2-4 times a week. Thanks all for the kind words.

There I was, working in the shop yesterday morning. I was prepping stuff and getting ready to start with the lathe. The electrician was supposed to come Saturday to install the new electrical stuff so I can actually use the lathe. Something came up and he had to postpone until next week. (He's a maintenance guy in Lori's dept. and does minor jobs on the side.) Not a big deal. I was getting stoked to finally be up and running. I was thinking about how I was really enjoying what I was doing in the shop. Then I started thinking about how frustrated I was in the last few animation gigs I worked. The new gig was already frustrating me (for reasons I won't discuss here) and I had not even started yet! I was dreading doing that again, so I backed out. I am going to concentrate on the shop full-time. When I told them (the studio that offered me the work) that I was not going to work for them after all, it was like a weight had been lifted from me. I am very lucky to have the choice. Animation is a tough go, and animators are usually at the mercy of studios.