Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm feeling glad." thread.

Congrats, that's great!

That's awesome news Cam. Congratulations!!!!

Congrats Cam/Lori.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yay for science!
    acket.

At the risk of jinxing it, things have been really good lately. I've had pretty steady commissions in the past few months. If the momentum continues, I will actually be able to make a living at making fine art! It's been a long time coming; 2+ years. I knew it may take a long time to make a name for myself in fine art, if I made it at all. I've had a whack of pages sharing my work on Facebook lately, including George Takei again. The goal is to get my stuff in front of as many eyeballs as possible, and it's been happening. Tens of millions of people have seen my work on FB and IG! My YouTube subs are slowly gaining momentum and my Instagram follows have picked up again after a lull over the summer. I am participating in a local, invitational craft show in two weeks. I won't go into much detail about Lori's job, but she is taking her work off the chain! She was invited dinner with her dean and some guests last night and gave a big talk today about her work to some important people. She is making a big impression in her field. She is a leader. I am so proud of her.

Wow! Sounds like both of you are making quite a bit of impact doing exactly what you guys love! That's so awesome.

Really happy for you, Cam.

Got some good news in the mail, (for a change). Car insurance will be going down by a whopping 30% next year. Those of you who’ve read about my drunk driving woes in the “sad” thread know that I’m paying an arm and a leg each month on car insurance. I won’t get into exactly how much but trust me when I say it’s quite significant, so a 30% savings will also be significant. What I’ll be paying in 2020 is still high compared to what I used to pay before getting convicted, but much better than what I’ve been paying this year. It’ll go from tripling to only doubling.

Hopefully it drops more in 2021 and I can slowly go back to standard rates. I was under the impression that I’d be paying exorbitant insurance for at least three years, but it looks like they’ve cut me a break. Maybe they’ve taken into account my flawless driving record prior to my D&D activities. I’m thankful for it, and will take it.

Also, I’m about 40 days away from the ignition interlock period ending. I’ll be a happy man when that day comes, as it’ll be a huge relief to get this condition removed from my license. There is nothing fun about having this in your car. I’ve just kept my head down the entire year and done my part to fulfill this obligation. I needed to drive, and couldn’t drive without this. Just started with the right frame of mind from the get-go. I’ll be saving about $120 a month when it’s over.

Great news SD! Keep on keepin' on.

Thanks man. Just got off the phone with our Ministry of Transportation wondering about the interlock removal process. Apparently there's a 48 hour waiting period from the day it's physically removed from the car. In that period I will not be allowed to drive at all, as the condition will still appear on my license. For some reason it takes that long for the Ministry's computers to update the removal data sent to them by the interlock provider. Kinda sucks, but that's government work for you. It'll feel like a two day license suspension. Like one last "fuck you" from the government. But whatever...I've already gone through enough suspensions, months and months worth, so two more days isn't going to hurt.

When I was initially pulled over and charged back in 2016, they suspended my license on the spot for 90 days. Then after losing at trial in 2018 it was six months. So nine months in total I've been suspended/prohibited since I first got my license way back in 1992. What's another two days? I'll just take those days off and sleep in.