Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

So... thoughts?

Commercials look cool.

It's heading further down a PTW scenario... they introduced a similar function 1/2-way through BLOBS3 and I stopped playing it.

Gamers accusing Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare of pay-to-win

It boils down to this. The best weapons with low stat penalties come from supply drops. Rare drops, specifically. They’re hard to get, but they can be purchased with salvage. Salvage is the in-game currency that’s earned through play. It takes a really long time to get enough to salvage to score quality weapons from rare supply drops.

This scarcity of currency, as discussed in the video from YouTuber Drift0r, pushes players to spend real money for salvage. That real money will translate into genuinely better weapons, thus creating the pay-to-win dynamic.

Ah, good to know.

I haven't played a COD in years, I stopped buying them and was only renting them through Gamefly because my friends would play the game for a few months and then it would be dead. I haven't had Gamefly for a few years and even my friends have stopped buying them.

Just not interested. And I'm totally against Pay to Win so that sours me on the game even more.

A bunch of the old COD4 guys (Jim, Nick, Chris, BJ, etc...) got BLOPS3 for the PS4. That's the only reason I got the last one.

Junior Potato
    Yeah I'm very not interested. The series has been dead to me since the original MW era.

Literally, there are only three, maybe four good CoD games: CoD, CoD2, CoD4:MW, and maybe MW2, with it's genuinely remarkable mission No Russian. I'm always in awe of the series' ability to keep selling new titles to CoDophiles despite widespread opinion that each game is just a yearly rehash in order to make more money.

This new alleged pay to win bullshit is just more dirt on the coffin to me, alongside the total bare-faced ripoff that is the Modern Warfare Remastered scenario. Yay, PS4 players can play it a month early by pre-ordering!

Fuck off.

I'll buy it for 1/3 the price when it inevitably goes on sale outside the exclusive Infinite Warfare gold-premium-deluxe-super-duper-wankfest edition.

I will say that I have played more than my fair share of GTA V without buying any Gameshark cards. I play Destiny without buying Eververse Silver just fine. So I can easily see myself rolling through any CoD game without spending coin on Loot Boxes, too.

But since I skipped Titanfall 2, I will most likely skip CoD:IW. Just wondering if anyone here was thinking about saddling up...

So we're all in agreement, ignore this and save time/money for Wildlands
    Get that weak shit off my track

What we need to do is set up a formal night to get together. Like with Halo2. Otherwise it's too infrequent that we'd actually get together. Doesn't really matter what game.

Isn't Wildlands limited to 4-player teams though? That part kind of sucks. BF limits squads to 4, actually I think they upped it to 6. But, you have teams of 4-6 squads too. So, you may be in a different unit, but still in the same game, on the same team.

A leap into futuristic space combat hasn’t breathed a lot of new life into Call of Duty. With a scenic but poorly paced single-player campaign and multiplayer and zombies modes that succeed mostly by sticking close to what Black Ops 3 did last year, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is a generally fun but inessential shooter.
    ick.
    Unfortunately, unlike in its wall-running competitor Titanfall 2, the areas where you can wall-run in Infinite Warfare are very strictly defined, in that not every flat surface can be wall-run upon and it's not always clear about whether you can or not.