Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSM's Stuff of Coolness Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool DSM's Stuff of Coolness Thread

First off. Hi, everyone. Sorry for the disappearing act. I missed you all

My wife and I share our 2 cars. We decided to get a VW GLI for eventual kids. We looked at some SUV's and found that they had similar rear seating room and trunk space compared to the Jetta and I prefer being lower to the ground. Our second car, a Scion tC, was a bit displaced being kinda bulky for what it is. I wanted something smaller for the city (and eventual fun mods) so we got a Fiat 500 Turbo

Owning Japanese all my life, getting a VW was like jumping into the deep end. I really like it and hope we get decent reliability. We got a 7 year extended coverage because of my paranoia. I was planning to look at aftermarket stuff but after driving it for a bit I really like how it is set up stock. It's fun enough to drive and comfortable for long road trips. I'm going to leave it alone.

On to this guy. At the age of 33 I finally learned how to drive stick! We got this little guy and my wife had to drive it home and teach me in the parking lot. That was an experience. It's been a few months and I'm really happy with it. It's the same engine as the Abarth 500 but software detuned so I might get a piggy back ECU down the road to bump up the horsepower. I already got a used straight pipe exhaust from a stock Abarth and will install it soon (vroom). It's a fun little car and the mods are surprisingly affordable.

Last edited by DelSolMan; October 30th, 2017 at 03:20 PM.

Whoa!! Hi there DSM!

A sharp combo!

Nice to see you back!

I really lost my enthusiasm for the gasoline 500, but for whatever reason I have seem probably a dozen Abarths in the past week and I find myself really wanting one again. How has the reliability been?

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Whoa!! Hi there DSM!

A sharp combo!
    Thanks! Hi Novi

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Nice to see you back!

I really lost my enthusiasm for the gasoline 500, but for whatever reason I have seem probably a dozen Abarths in the past week and I find myself really wanting one again. How has the reliability been?
    Thanks! It's at 3,000 miles so it's a bit too early to say. My friend has an 2013 Abarth and it's been solid.

I joined the local 500 car club and talking to the guys, most problems are heat-related or blown engines. However, they tend to push the modifications quite far. I hope to do very small gains to try to get it to last a while. Heat management is a big issue with this car.

Welcome back!

I test drove a 500 but ultimately bought the MINI, something about the 500 seating position really didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Welcome back!

I test drove a 500 but ultimately bought the MINI, something about the 500 seating position really didn't work for me.
    You probably wouldn't be into racing bar stools, either.

dod ^_^

I really like the mini. We got a pretty sweet deal on the 500 (they're selling so poorly here that I was able to hustle a good price). The seating position is a bit odd but I got used to it. Strangely, my wife loves it cause she likes to sit up.

Welcome back! Nice rides.

Yup, felt like sitting on a phone book to me. Very cool car, otherwise.

Junior Potato
    Welcome back, DSM