Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Couch Co-op Games

Gah! How could I have forgotten the LEGO games?

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Actually, something I’d love to see within the next 12 months would be a nice, simple, four-player shooter a-la Goldeneye, but designed for modern 4K TVs at 60fps, and that each player gets their own 1K piece of TV real estate
    Heh.

I bet if you could find wherever this forum existed a decade or so ago, you'd find the same laments from me (not shooter specific mind you, all games) when HD tvs were becoming mainstream... i.e. don't hold your breath.

From what I can tell, the Halo remakes have 4 player split screen in the games that had it originally.

Also some/all of the COD games have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    From what I can tell, the Halo remakes have 4 player split screen in the games that had it originally.
    Well yeah, back then the BB's always cared at least. Those being Bungie & Bizarre.

With the new TV setup I've got, and the PC upstairs linked via Nvidia Shield, I'm gonna be looking at the possibility of linking another controller and doing some couch coop/mp games. I'm thinking the new Xbox controller (connected via bluetooth) can connect and I can do it that way. But some experimentation will be involved.

And thanks for the great list is games, guys overcooked and Cook, Serve, Delicious look interesting, and I've always had Rocket League tabbed in the background as a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScawt View Post
    With the new TV setup I've got, and the PC upstairs linked via Nvidia Shield, I'm gonna be looking at the possibility of linking another controller and doing some couch coop/mp games. I'm thinking the new Xbox controller (connected via bluetooth) can connect and I can do it that way. But some experimentation will be involved.

And thanks for the great list is games, guys overcooked and Cook, Serve, Delicious look interesting, and I've always had Rocket League tabbed in the background as a possibility.
    Sweet. Yeah I heard the newer XBOX controllers work over bluetooth with no issues. Assuming it works like my Steam Link, I also recommend a cheapo keyboard because it acts as a very good desktop/video streamer if you watch local content off your pc.

Administrator
    If, like me, you've been holding off on getting Overcooked until it goes on Sale, it's $5.77 on Steam right now and $6.79 if you want the "Lost Morsel" expansion pack along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    If, like me, you've been holding off on getting Overcooked until it goes on Sale, it's $5.77 on Steam right now and $6.79 if you want the "Lost Morsel" expansion pack along with it.
    Good deal. Totally worth it.

Bump.

Lori and I are interested in some couch co-op. This thread is over six years old now. Anything come out since then that is worth taking a look at? We are playing It Takes Two and enjoying it. Similar games would be great.