Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

I honestly laughed. A lot. Genius.

Junior Potato

I’ve seen the top 12 GT Sport Oceania guys having a laugh with the commentary via liveries before. One guy was Russian-Australian and put the pronunciation of his surname on the bonnet. Another driver wrote “Hi Tom!” on his car, in reference to Tom Brooks, who’s Jimmy Broadbent’s co-announcer for the broadcasts. And at one point there was even a KFC livery meme that I cannot explain.

Administrator
    Preorders for Fanatec's CSL DD drive are up now, it looks like you can only pre-order it if you get the boost module as well.

Annoyingly, different links for different markets.

EU
    US
    Australia
    Japan

I guess if you're not in the EU or one of those three other countries, you can go fuck yourself?

The whole, "market is not big enough for us to bother" thing is annoying.

Junior Potato
    I’m surprised to see that pre orders are still available. Wave 1 (for existing Fanatec customers) sold out in less than a day. This is wave 2.

But anyway, if I buy one it’ll be the planned PlayStation compatible version and it won’t be for quite a while.

Administrator
    I think this is wave 3. I got an invite for wave 2 as an existing customer yesterday and then the open invite today, I'm assuming wave 1 was for people who've spent enough money with them or something.

Junior Potato
    Ahh yes, it's wave 3. Wave 1 was for people with an order history.

Meanwhile, they have updated a few pieces of gear with a lower price and more features:

There's the Universal Hub V2, that now comes with magnetic shifters and updated innards, which comes in two flavours: vanilla (PS4 ready, PC) and Xbox (PS4 ready, Xbox, and PC) with the Xbox one being slightly more expensive.

And then the Formula V2.5, a rather tasty carbon fibre jobbie that also now includes magnetic shifters. Though not as sexy as the F1 limited edition wheel which sold out in a matter of hours last week.

All of which are upgradeable to the new quick release system which will come out alongside the BMW M4 GT3 wheel in the future.

It seems as though Fanatec is phasing out regular non-magnetic shifters entirely over the coming months, except for their super-dooper cheap stuff. like the CSL hub and WRC wheel.

Picked up AMS2 + 20/22 season bundle in the Steam sale. Don't know when I'll get around to trying it I generally don't race during the summer. Heard enough good things about it recently to give it a go.

Series Registration – Ferrari Esports Series
    https://esports-registration.ferrari...-registration/

Register to this to get the code for Steam (in your email) for a free new Ferrari 488 GT3 Challenge for Assetto Corsa (AC).
    Enjoy!