Page 78 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

I liked it a lot when I raced.

I know it is a long stretch but I'll put this video here, because of the expectation and the fiasco it meant in the sim racing zone, and not only that.
    It really gets good at 17:14. I cannot fathom a more retarded leveling structure (in single player) in any other driving game ever (sim or arcade, does not really matter).

I've been trying out the 2015 Merc in ACC (don't have the DLC for the 2020 model) and it's...I don't know. I set a new personal best lap at Spa, and it feels more stable in slow/medium corners, but I was having more issues keeping it from swapping ends on fast turns. It feels more comfortable to me in general, but if I throw myself into a wall at 120 once every 2 or 3 laps, it doesn't matter how good it feels the rest of the time.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Lowering rear suspension can help with high-speed stability, but that would change the rake. Increasing rear downforce would help too, obviously.

dodint posted a chart in the iRacing thread quite some time ago that can help you with basic set-up.

Edit: Here it is.
    http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?...l=1#post147871

Edit 2: I used to use this LFS Basic Setup Guide a lot back in the LFS days, especially the "Quick Reference" section at the bottom. Yes, it's for LFS, but the basic principles are the same.
    https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Basic_Setup_Guide
    Last edited by Cam; July 29th, 2022 at 06:15 AM.

I ended up trying out a couple other cars, including a couple GT4 cars, the GT-R GT3, and then the Aston V8 GT3. The GT-R felt great on the first outlap and first flying lap, and never felt good again. The Aston, on the other hand, immediately clicked and then just continued clicking. It's not perfect, as I am still struggling putting the power down out of 1st gear chicanes, but that's been a problem in every car and therefore just a me problem. The braking on it is great, it feels stable in nearly every situation, I'm finally able to do some trailbraking with confidence, and for whatever reason the way it slides at medium speeds fits with the way my reflexes try to save the car.

The servers were pretty sparse tonight, so I only got a taste of it in use against others, and then threw myself into the oven with some AI quick races at Suzuka. I couldn't pull off a clean race in all that traffic, but I still had a lot of positive moments.

Last edited by Kchrpm; July 29th, 2022 at 09:19 PM.

Junior Potato
    I'd drive that Aston purely because of how meaty it sounds

Administrator
    Went to do a little racing today only to find the Fanatec software claims my wheel was "unavailable". Tried to update it, got it stuck in a state where it's just flashing "CAL" at me over and over. It's telling me to install a beta version of the drivers that, according to their forums, has been removed because it was bricking people's wheelbases.

I love the feel of Fanatec's stuff, but I feel like every single time I try to use it, I run into something like this. It's beyond frustrating.

I had a different but similar experience with them. I tend to gravitate to sim racing for a while every few years. Twice I pulled my Fanatec pedals out of storage and the USB controller had died. It's common enough that they have them in stock to buy.

Still driving the Aston V8 and having a great time with it, and uploaded a couple more races with it.

Over-middle-under pass at Monza at night

https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxWDI...BgYpHXCK3V804W

Gotta watch your mirrors!

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx-owz9c2...t-XWmwGwXP94To

Edit: Actually the whole race that the second clip is from is pretty interesting

Last edited by Kchrpm; August 6th, 2022 at 06:39 PM.

Junior Potato
    Motorsport Games held a regular investor meeting earlier today. There are plenty of people taking a really close look at them because of how they have allegedly mis-handled their franchise agreements and their funds.

Firstly, they have lost a whole lot of money in the last 12 months. This is normal and I wouldn't say it's anything dodgy, as they haven't really launched a game other than NASCAR Ignition '21. Watch carefully for people on the YouTubes etc (i.e. 2nd, 3rd, or 4th-rate 'news' sources) spinning it up as hyperbole.

Secondly, as for new games coming out, they still only list the BTCC sim for a 2024 release. They mention IndyCar but only as part of the list of licences they possess, so nothing material there. Kart Kraft is due for a console release but is being delayed due to talks with 'a first party platform' for a possible exclusivity deal. rFactor 2 is still going strong with content updates, and is seen as a preview house for future game releases with BTCC content appearing there right now. Virtual Le Mans and associated eSports activities will be expanding.

Pretty boring really. Motorsport Games did promise a lot and have delivered almost zero up until now. It just needs to get good quality racing sims out the door so that the cashflow can turn in the opposite direction. Read the dry language of a finance press release right here if you want to: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...l-Results.html