Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Bryan, cap your framerate to 1 below the max refresh rate of your monitors. This gives the lowest latency on Gsync displays.

PC3, or Piece of Crap 3... is still a piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenb View Post
    Bryan, cap your framerate to 1 below the max refresh rate of your monitors. This gives the lowest latency on Gsync displays.
    The 180Hz mode is an overdrive mode so maybe that's why the FPS capped itself at 144, 180 not a native refresh rate. iRacing settings have my frames capped at 200, it's probably the nVidia driver overriding that. I'll keep playing with it. On my old single monitor setup I ran with no sync and a fps cap like 10% below my refresh rate. It was butter and had no perceptible lag.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    How did you fix the refresh rate issue you had?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    It's quite funny seeing the CBO (Chief Bullshit Officer) Ian Bell now on Twitter finally saying yeah, we were wrong, PC4 will be the most realistic sim ever created, including accurately modeling individual leaves. You snake oil selling mother fucker, your ego check apparently didn't instill enough humility.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    How did you fix the refresh rate issue you had?
    The scrolling lines from the USB-C adapter? That went away on its own, though now that I think about it it might have been when I switched overdrive modes from 160 to 180 Hz. Hmm. More testing may be in order!

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post

That YouTube channel is great! How come I’ve never seen it before you shared that video?

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    It's quite funny seeing the CBO (Chief Bullshit Officer) Ian Bell now on Twitter finally saying yeah, we were wrong, PC4 will be the most realistic sim ever created, including accurately modeling individual leaves. You snake oil selling mother fucker, your ego check apparently didn't instill enough humility.
    Totally.
    Huge vibes of West Brothers once again.
    But... less humble!

And RWA, I just started following it myself!

Junior Potato
    ARRRRGGGHHHHH

I caved in and bought one of these.

https://www.trakracer.com.au/trak-ra...onitor-stand-a

Currently I use the Next Level F-GT. I honestly cannot recommend it. It's strong but wobbly, and really hard to adjust to my liking. The worst part is just how much the wheel deck moves due to the design of its attachment to the rest of the frame. 2nd-worst is that the seat itself is a tailbone killer after an hour. 3rd worst is actually its selling point: the ability to swap between formula-style and GT-style seating positions means it is OK at both but great at neither.

And I figure since I had only used it in formula mode for a month before permanently changing it to GT mode, I upgraded.

I have a few good excuses:

1. The TR8 has a nice open frame to climb into and I can't bend my injured leg enough to fit into the F-GT
    2. Playing racing sims will be great exercise for getting strength back into my leg
    3. I'd much rather try my hand at simulated driving before going back out onto the road again - I haven't driven since September (or ridden since October)

And some reasonably shit excuses:

1. I was planning on buying one at some point anyway
    2. I've got plenty of time off and I might as well enjoy it fully, rather than staring longingly at my unused sim setup every day

Now, Trak Racer makes a good pre-fab 8020 rig for about $100 cheaper than the TR8, but again the leg access issue is still there with the vertical wheel uprights, and the TR8 comes with a monitor stand if I want to do something like attach a big ol' screen to it down the line and have a permanent rig ready to go. This could genuinely be my 'forever' sim because it'll even handle direct drive loads if I ever buy one of those arm killers.

I'll be back in hospital on Wednesday for an overnighter while they knock me out and manually bend my knee. I am hoping it appears on my doorstep sometime on Thursday so I can get stuck in.

Looks spiffy

My sim racing aspirations have greatly cooled since the peak of the pandemic, so I'm glad I didn't make any hasty choices. But it seems your use and desire completely justifies such an investment.
    Get that weak shit off my track