Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Junior Potato
    Anyone else remember this supposed game?

20 years ago!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    That FE qualifier looks cool! I'll see if I can find time to do it next week. I'm doubtful it'll work out, but if my ancient rF2 license is easily found and I somehow manage to figure out top 3 pace in a day or two, maybe.

Krunch, I haven't played the console version, I've heard it's identical to the PC version in terms of physics but not graphics, and that there's a framerate limit on console that of course isn't there on PC. I forget that framerate limit, make sure it isn't 30 because that would probably be weird with how advanced and nuanced the physics are.

In other news, real quick before bed, I've been busy today... https://photos.app.goo.gl/fYBq5DcBc1ugHoeg6
    [I can't believe it either!]
    Oh, come on! Not only is it going to be good looking out of the box, I'm sure you are going to find 17 little details that -with a little bit of love and patience- can be adjusted to make it immaculate.

Congrats!
    acket.

Junior Potato

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion...rom-sim-racing

So Fanatec is now the title sponsor of the SRO GT World Challenge.

PLUS, they're doing this:

During all five rounds of the GT World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup and Total 24 Hours of Spa, esports contests will be hosted using Assetto Corsa Competizione, the official video game of the Fanatec GT World Challenge Powered by AWS. Both Pro and Silver teams will nominate one actual race driver to participate in a virtual race which awards championship points. The official rules and regulations will be announced at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Anyone else remember this supposed game?

20 years ago!

Absolutely! Was just thinking of this the other day.

Impressive.

I remember seeing that live/day of, it was crazy.
    Get that weak shit off my track

That is impressive indeed! Racer mindset. [Plus the luxury of having another sim rig handy that can easily slide into place, of course].

The Fanatec / SRO announcement is pretty interesting too. I wonder how that will play out. Sim racing is going places I never thought it would!

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Oh, come on! Not only is it going to be good looking out of the box, I'm sure you are going to find 17 little details that -with a little bit of love and patience- can be adjusted to make it immaculate.

Congrats!
    Thanks! It won't look any better than normal when I'm done with it, but I do have a few ideas on how to make it suit me specifically a little better.

https://www.motorsport.com/gaming/ne...nture/5210295/

Motorsport Games Inc. (NASDAQ: MSGM) (“Motorsport Games”), a leading racing game developer, publisher and esports ecosystem provider of official motorsport racing series throughout the world, today announced an important update to its joint venture agreement with its strategic partner, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (the “ACO”), which will now see the Le Mans Esports Series Ltd create, develop and publish video games, in addition to esports, based upon the iconic 24 Hours of Le Mans and FIA World Endurance Championship.
    Get that weak shit off my track

That kind of explains why iRacing's "Le Mans" series is now called the "European" series. Someone on iRacing's forums pointed out that the Special Events (which normally includes the LM24H) has only been published until May. This creates speculation whether or not iRacing is going to have a Le Mans 24H race this year. They probably will, but it will not be called that.

Junior Potato
    So I guess we will see another couple of rFactor2 Le Mans 24 Virtual races over the coming years but no more Forza Motorsport Le Mans eSports series, and then a new game will take over everything Le Mans in an official capacity once that is finally ready.

I do hope the game they produce is a worthy sim racing title.