Page 37 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

For an xbox, what is the best choice of driving sim. I got Project Cars 2 with Gold, which I'm enjoying, but I see Assetto Corsa as well - is that 'better'?

PC2 is probably the best "sim" you'll get so far.
    Random handling of some cars/physics makes it a rather frustrating experience at times, but some cars are a blast to drive.
    If you don't have a One X, you'll suffer with frame drops and stuttering with too many cars in a race, also the wheel will do stupid things too.
    I tried to like Asseto Corsa, but it feels rather bland.

Get Wreckfest, it'll be the most fun you'll probably have on a console racing game, and multiplayer is also good.

Moving away from console for a second, my PC will happily play iRacing with 30 car grids, graphics turned down a bit mind you, but PC2 with everything turned down or off, it struggles badly to the point of being unplayable.
    Even Wreckfest with all the parts flying everywhere it can handle easily.
    So it makes me think that they really cocked up the optimisation on PC2 on all formats.

Asseto Corsa Competizione is coming to XBox in June. It's really high quality (on PC) but pretty limited focus. GT3 mainly, with some add-ons coming I think for GT4

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Asseto Corsa Competizione is coming to XBox in June. It's really high quality (on PC) but pretty limited focus. GT3 mainly, with some add-ons coming I think for GT4
    If it were GT3 and GTE, I'd probably have bought it already, but GT3 only and no GT America leaves out some core stuff for me.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    In my opinion Assetto Corsa is the best sim you can get on a console right now. Way better than PC2. It can be found incredibly cheaply if you’re browsing for 2nd-hand games. Look for the Ultimate Edition with all the post-launch DLC included.

Naturally you’ll want the PC version if you’ve got a machine that can handle it. It’s five years old so cheaper systems can swing it with the graphics turned down. The mod support is extremely good in PC land and a big reason why it’s still so popular in the sim racing community.

The handling model is superb and all of the cars feel dynamic and responsive. The track selection is excellent, plus the AI puts up a real challenge.

I'm a way off thinking about getting a PC. I'll be picking up a wheel next month, so want to stick with X1 for the moment. Tis frustrating tho as the 'mod' community would give me what I'm after. I've little interest in road cars: I want old race stuff.

I saw an ad for ACC and I am a fan of GT3, but I love with wide variety of stuff PC2 has.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    If it were GT3 and GTE, I'd probably have bought it already, but GT3 only and no GT America leaves out some core stuff for me.
    I want Road Atlanta in PC2. LOVE that track.

Quote Originally Posted by M4FFU View Post
    I saw an ad for ACC and I am a fan of GT3, but I love with wide variety of stuff PC2 has.
    Just in case it isn't clear, Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizone are different games. While ACC is GT3 only, with GT4 being added later this year, AC has lots of different types of cars, including some old race cars: https://www.assettocorsa.net/cars/
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I share the anger, but I don't see a Nissan or a GranTurismo team that would have nominated him; I don't see what VAG or FIAT could win from having an non-associated driver in their virtual stable.

Also, that Verstappen-Norris-Huttu lineup is scary.
    acket.