Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Administrator
    Wonder how much they'll charge for this bad boy. Their F1 wheel is already going for $1,800, I'm guessing this'll be closer to 3k?

https://bmw.fanatec.com/

Junior Potato
    Well that’s an industry first.

Either way, whatever the price may be it’ll be the cheapest real-life wheel available anywhere!

Junior Potato
    Look at what is coming to AMS2 before the end of the year

https://store.steampowered.com/newsh...96023505099595

If you don't already own this game I suggest you think seriously about getting it.

Oh my...
    Get that weak shit off my track

Bryan @ Monza in another SRO E-Sports America race

Get that weak shit off my track

Spoiler:
    Got that podium finally. Had some time to prep for this one. I worked hard on the setup, found some things and felt good about it. But qualifying pace was way off the others even though I was only 0.150 off my all time PB. I felt like I had good race pace but was constantly stuck behind slower or battling cars. I was down on top speed to the others in spite of maximizing the setup for top end speed, and I was basically a sitting duck on the straights and I couldn't overtake. Seems the GT-R may have become even less competitive with the latest updates. I'll keep digging.

You were too fast in it.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Spoiler:
    Got that podium finally. Had some time to prep for this one. I worked hard on the setup, found some things and felt good about it. But qualifying pace was way off the others even though I was only 0.150 off my all time PB. I felt like I had good race pace but was constantly stuck behind slower or battling cars. I was down on top speed to the others in spite of maximizing the setup for top end speed, and I was basically a sitting duck on the straights and I couldn't overtake. Seems the GT-R may have become even less competitive with the latest updates. I'll keep digging.
    Spoiler:
    As everyone around you crumbled, you held fast! Monza leads to craziness and that race was no exception.

Hopefully they give you a BOP boost, let Godzilla actually have a chance to eat again.

Not gonna happen. It's a legacy car and the manufacturer is no longer a partner of the series. Can't have it winning all the time.

I jumped in the Merc for a half hour to satisfy my curiosity the other day. The default Aggressive setup has quite a bit of mid-corner understeer, I made it a little better and got down to a time about 1 tenth off my PB in the GT-R (and faster than I qualified for the above race). If I spent hours on the Mercedes optimizing it and optimizing my driving for it, there are at least 3 tenths in there, maybe a half second. This result doesn't surprise me though.

Junior Potato
    Just curious, the organisers have been keeping all pro drivers in their real-life cars. What happens with you if the Nismo is grandfathered out and you can't drive it anymore?