Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

No idea! I guess I'm kind of a special case: not an active pro driver, almost an esports sim racer, but neither really.

Administrator
    I picked up a new wheel from Fanatec when they had their black friday sale, I think it was something like 20% off. Got the standard PS4-compatible CSL Elite base and the BMW GT2 wheel with it. Was still expensive as fuck even with the discount.

That said, it's a hell of a step up from the G27. Wheel feels great, the ffb is vastly improved, and it's also much, much quieter. Even the clamp to hold it to the desk is a major step up from the G27.

'Course, turns out it doesn't help me drive any better, still stunk up the joint on Assetto Corsa. At least it felt nicer to be bad at driving.

I am looking forward to getting another RJ12 cable again so I can just connect my pedals directly to the wheel base. Saving a USB port is not a minor thing these days.

That's the base I have as well. I love it. I am more consistent than I was with the G29.

Administrator
    A side effect of this too is that it's a lot easier to stow everything away when I'm not using it now that I can take the wheel off of the base. Also, I feel cool as fuck attaching and removing the wheel.

Junior Potato
    Awesome, that's the wheel I have too

Did you get the whole starter kit or just the wheel base and the BMW rim?

Jeez, I can't afford that shizzle.

I have to stick with the G27 I got for free.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Awesome, that's the wheel I have too

Did you get the whole starter kit or just the wheel base and the BMW rim?
    I already had the clubsport v3 pedals, so I just got the base and the wheel. Might get the shifter down the line, i already miss it in some cars. Feels odd to heel toe with a paddle shifter.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Jeez, I can't afford that shizzle.
    You are not alone, babe!
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I already had the clubsport v3 pedals, so I just got the base and the wheel. Might get the shifter down the line, i already miss it in some cars. Feels odd to heel toe with a paddle shifter.
    Oh yeah the shifter is a must. Old cars rise to the next level when you can drive them properly, and it makes Assetto that much better.

Administrator
    When I last tried F1 2019, the G27 thrashed violently on straightaways for no discernible reason. I was told that the fix was to (paraphrasing) "get a wheel that's not so ancient". Took it out for a spin with this wheel and the force feedback is almost non-existent. Now I get to search for a new fix!

Also, not sure who decided the default should be to use the entire rotation, but the first chicane at Monza is damn near impossible when you have to turn the wheel end over end like a bus driver.