Page 45 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

lol

Tried Project Cars 3.
    Menu? Obsolete and chaotic stuff from the '90/'00s.
    Gameplay? Glorified Ridge Racer/Grid 1 stuff. Makes Forza Horizon 4 feel like an hardcore sim. Enough said.
    Graphics? Looked like a PS3 game. With Textures set on Ultra, Anisotropic 16x, everything on Ultra or High besides Motion Blur which I turned off.

I'm amazed: this game is a bigger turd than I expected.
    And it looks like crap.

Junior Potato
    I think you're wrong about the menus.

From what I've seen they look like menus from overly busy modern mobile phone games.

Yeah, it's pretty sad. I guess they figured this is where the money is. But to be fair, I grew tired of each of the previous fairly quickly. Even after pretty good first impressions. They were definitely the best looking sims until ACC came along, which makes this even stranger.

I really enjoyed some of my experiences with PC2, but the bugs kept me from investing more time. I couldn't be consistent enough with GTLM or GT3 cars, and I felt like if I spent the time to practice I'd just end up running into the online racing issues during an enduro.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; August 27th, 2020 at 09:26 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

What I'm shocked is that the old Forza Horizon 3 looks better than PC3. Actually, PC2 looks way better than PC3.
    And as RWA said... it looks like a driving game from my Galaxy S9+, aesthetically.
    How did they manage to do a game with worse graphics than its 3 years old predecessor?

Junior Potato
    Some aspiring modders have ripped ACC's Bathurst and converted it for use in AC.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...7899/page-1610

Get on it before it's taken down!

Junior Potato
    How many of us can boast that our dads are good at sim racing?

Probably no one. I am probably somewhat unique in this regard

To be fair, the old man has his own sim rig, made from a pretty good Thrustmaster Ferrari 488 wheel, a 32" Panasonic LCD TV, a home made seat that his friend who he has known since school age built, and a 40 year old laptop running the original rFactor. He does what he can with the equipment he has. He's had plenty of practice.

But he has only tried VR once before, when I got him to have a go at GT Sport about two years ago. Oh, and he has an astigmatism in his eyes, which means he's never experienced 3D vision or parallax before, so one of the main benefits of VR is lost on him.

Stil, no wonder the fuker sired me. How many moistened knickers would this performance have gotten in the early 80s if sim racing was a thing?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Homebrew gig looks comfy.
    acket.