Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    "sim"
    Probably still more "sim" than Codemasters' F1 2021.

Hey people, who here has the TR8 Trak Racer? An acquiatenance is possibly buying it and he is worried about two things: back problems with the seat and that the pedal plate is sturdy enough to not flex when in use.
    What do you people reckon? I may recall RWA and Yobbo have this, but I'm not sure.

Junior Potato
    Yeah I have one.

Seat: if they have back problems just buy some foam from a hardware store and shape/attach where needed. All racing seats are hard and uncomfortable in some way. I added a cushion for the bottom of mine to ease the pressure on my tailbone. Otherwise I’m good with it, and I’ve got herniated discs!

Pedal plate: stiff as you want. I run load cells and it moves only a few mm when pushed really hard. The Mach 3 version of the rig includes updates to make the pedal plate even stiffer.

Administrator
    Got an email from Fanatec that my CSL DD base is delayed due to worldwide supply chain and shipping problems. I am not shocked by this.

What he said above.
    I tilted the seat down at the back from the original setup instructions. That helped a bit with my back getting a little sore.
    I'm finding my ass is getting a bit sore, but like RWA said, a little more foam will help.
    Other than that, it's a damn good setup for the price.

I may have just found my new favourite combo in sim racing Brabham BT46B around 90's Spa in AMS2. I may be dog slow but what an experience. Good to give my h-pattern a work out once in a while and practice my heel 'n toe. And now that I can crank the graphics (I've got everything on high 1.2, super sampling) and comfortably maintain 90FPS in the Rift CV1 it looks great and runs butter smooth. Which having played ACC exclusively the past couple of years is a welcome change

A little taster of how I've been spending my time recently

Administrator
    The good news is that my CSL DD wheelbase arrived today. It is pretty small and very heavy.

The bad news is that it didn't ship with a desk clamp. I don't remember being given the option to order one when I placed my order a while ago, but now that I know, it's $30 for the clamp and another $13 to ground ship it from La Mirada, which is a whopping 30 miles away.

Meh.

The ultimate punterino.

That was strange.
    Get that weak shit off my track