Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

My understanding from Googling is that driver swaps are currently only available on PC for ACC, as they require making server settings adjustments.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ynQwlvCuA/edit
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Oh I didn't know that.

It doesn't seem very user-friendly.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Spa 6 Hours stream is up, currently in GT4 qualifying.

Bryan hasn't had a very good race. It's been wet since the start and their car has been through multiple incidents, so they are at the back 5 laps down.

Oof. Tough luck.

Junior Potato
    ACC ver. 1.6 + 2020 DLC out now: Imola circuit, 2020 488 GT3 Evo, 2020 AMG GT3 Evo, new tyre model for all seasons, plus new 2020 Pirelli DHE tyres for 2020 season cars, and updated AI and aero physics.

All at the cost of two really good cups of coffee.

Junior Potato
    You might be fully into the adrenaline-addled consumerist festival that is Black Friday, or you may not. Either way, some Fanatec stuff will be going cheap-cheap-cheap starting tomorrow, with a modest list of products earning a 20% off discount.

https://boostedmedia.net/fanatec-sim...-sale-tracker/

I highly recommend the CSL Elite F1 bundle. Itís PS4 and PC compatible but Xbox users can make use of it by attaching an Xbox compatible wheel rim. Itís the perfect starting point if you want to upgrade from a cheap crappy wheel.

Buy it, then over time add a load cell brake, a shifter, additional wheel rims, etc.

* Note if you follow the links from that website they get an affiliate kickback. You could either support them or just go via the Fanatec website directly once the sales go live.

Thanks for the continued support guys! I've been away from home for like 6 weeks (visiting the gf on the other side of the country - if I'm going to drive out there and back instead of fly, I might as well make it an extended visit) so I haven't checked in. Meanwhile some things are indeed starting to happen with regards to support and teammates. After my success in the first GT Rivals season, with esports being the only racing going on during initial lockdown, Chris Forsberg Racing reached out to me about doing some things with them as they expand beyond the world of drifting. We got a few partnerships going for esports (as seen on the virtual GT-R this season) and more stuff is in the works. Exciting times!

I ran the first round at Ricmotech's shop in the Miami area, masks and gloves and all. Killer rig they have! I only had a little time to practice and I didn't realize that ACC had made physics changes since the first GT Rivals season, so my setup was definitely out of date and too loose.

The Spa enduro was trouble all the way pretty much. A lack of ability to prepare really put us on the back foot, plus Tanner and DJ didn't know ACC and I was working on helping them get it set up while I was away from my computer, going from memory. I didn't get home from FL until late at night before the race. We didn't test in rain and only DJ managed to find time for any real practice in the dry. I winged it in qualy with no wet practice. Given that I was stoked to be knocking on the door of the podium spots in my first stint. I tangled with a car I couldn't see as it rejoined the track suddenly, but continued on with minimal impact from the damage. We had technical problems on top of that - things like the sim software sneaking dry tires on the car during a couple pit stops, driver change requests not working, etc. Whenever I wasn't in the car I was tech support and research more than a spotter/engineer.

Hoping for a more straightforward race at Monza on Dec 6 now that I can practice!

Junior Potato
    God damn, the Spa race was more of a CF than I realised

But, as Valentino Rossi says, is racing.

I'm happy to see you still active with motorsports professionals. Hopefully it leads to something on a grander scale.

Like, I dunno. A drive at the Bathurst 12 hour, maybe...?

Great to hear from you and that things are looking up!

Junior Potato
    Steam has heaps of games on sale this weekend including a pile of great sims. If you were on the fence about a game then now is the time to buy it and give it a go on a good discount.