Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Junior Potato
    Oh, and Wreckfest for when you wanna let your hair down.

My impressions apply to AC, not ACC, fwiw.

I finally hooked up the wheel tonight and did a bunch of laps in rFactor 2. I tried several different cars, mostly the classics. I noticed several glitches, which is a bit annoying. I found it quite challenging to drive, being accustomed to rFactor 1. The grip level is vastly different. It will take some getting used to. The Howiston (Ford Maverick car) at Brazil in the pouring rain on slicks.

Then, I dusted off my copy of Live for Speed! I always liked how that sim feels. Too bad it never really went anywhere.

Help. I have a minor thing I would like to change in rFactor 2, but it is not obvious to me how. In RF1 (and LFS), if I downshift with the paddles, it goes from 1st to neutral to reverse. In RF2, it does not go past 1st. how do I make my shifting like RF1?

Junior Potato

Junior Potato
    Codemasters has purchased Slightly Mad Studios.

The investment should be a good thing, for the Codies stable of racing titles as well as development of the Madness engine and the next Project CARS game.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ly-mad-studios

It's possible that's the only thing that could get me to purchase another Project Cars title. Even then it's going to take some convincing, I'm not buying it at launch.

Junior Potato
    PCars 2 was on sale via Steam a few weeks ago, and I toyed with the idea of buying it, despite already owning it on PS4.

After some umm-ing and ahh-ing, I thought I might just reinstall my PS4 version and play that to check if it was actually as good as people said it was, before buying the PC version.

It saved me $22 that I felt was better spent on booze.

They do so much right, but it seems once they release the game they make zero effort to fix the small things that would make a huge difference in terms of enjoyment. I won't buy PC3 until I'm certain they've addressed these fundamental flaws, as many of them were carried over from PC to PC2.

Granted, it's still a really good game and I don't regret getting it and hope PC3 is even better. I'm just not going to be the guinea pig for them next time.

Junior Potato
    And for me, Automobilista 2 will be the big tell. It’s being built on the Madness engine and it’s looking really good.

So, will AMS2 have the same issues (engine problem) or will it totally wipe the floor (lazy PCars developer problem)?