Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Serious bidnez.

Looks good!

I have a Momo mounted to my wheel. Unfortunately I'll be taking it off in a few months to put it in my real race car.

Junior Potato
    For the triple screen users out there:

(Skip to 11 minutes to see some driving action)

And a review in english:

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    And Stephen, I did have a go with it in the Porsche GT3 at Bathurst. How the bloody fuck do you lap that track so quickly in that car? All it wants to do is loop itself around on the exciting hilly stuff, like no other car I've tried wants to. I tried the McLaren 720S as well, and that was much nicer. I can drop easy 2:07s there with the McLaren, probably shave off 4 seconds if I practised and tinkered with setups.
    Practice I have been playing nothing else recently and I've only been driving the Porsche. I seem to recall you being plenty quick on Forza 4 back in the day so I'm sure you can get there, moving the brake balance forward on the aggressive preset helped here. Also note you can close off the brake ducts in the hotlap mode as car damage is turned off, this is worth quite a bit in straight line speed.

Kunos have reset the times on this challenge as they made some changes to the track grip. It's a little slower now and my best time on the leaderboard is now a 2:01:8xx

Junior Potato
    Oof. My shifter arrived today.

It is the tits.

I've attached it to this for now, as the standard shifter mount location on my seat is arse. I'll buy something with a little more bracing next time I'm out. The little orange washers are made of fibre, sorta like engine gasket material. I though't they'd prevent me scratching the duco on the shifter body

Here it is fitted up to begin. Might attach a cup holder here I dunno.

I duly fired up Content Manager and loaded LA Canyons, along with the utterly brilliant Singer Porsche 911 4.0, which I downloaded just for this occasion (both of which can be found on Race Department).

It is absolutely sublime, cruising around. THIS is what sim racing is all about.

In-place, adjusted for height, easy reach. Fanatec wheel, load cell pedals, H-pattern shifter, perfect driving position.

I might say I got a little bit emotional as I was punting that Porsche, blipping on the downshift. At one point, the Porsche's tail end got characteristically happy, so I dropped it down a gear and added revs. A dab of oppo and I was away.

I also tried the McLaren F1 GTR at Spa. Oh my word. Say no more.

I might try and record a bit of video of me driving around like a mad bastard. What do you guys reckon?

I wanna touch it.

Junior Potato
    Careful, it’s girthy.

Junior Potato
    Here we go, much much betterer.

I went to the hardware store and bought some better brackets. These are lighter than the other ones, but they're braced to hold shelving. It still jolts due to the forces, especially when being used as a sequential, but it doesn't wobble around any more.

I also added a little extra bit of hardware in order to locate the spare knob when not in use, stop it rolling away...

Is that K'nex?

I'm going to totally try that with the relocation. I'm constantly hitting my knuckles on the wheel shelf.

Triangulation ftw!