Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Administrator
    Figured this would be a good spot to ask. My Fanatec Clubsport V1 pedals are pretty long in the tooth by this point. All three pedals jitter and can't reach the ends of their axes anymore - I've replaced the load cell for the brake and adjusted the magnet screws on the gas and clutch, but I think it's just that they're old and not working the way they should anymore.

I really like having a load cell brake and would like to continue with that. I also like that the brake pedal stiffness is pretty easily adjustable - having it ultra stiff reminds me of driving the Skippy. What's out there these days? I know there's the Clubsport v3 and the Clubsport Elite, not even sure which of those is supposed to be better. Anybody else out there making a decent set that's not hyper expensive?

I am happy with the CSR Elite in that it's still supported. My logic board died and they sent me a new one. Quality pedals, too.

I had the V1's until they basically did the same thing. Though they never worked correctly, I couldn't ever have 100% clutch and throttle, they interfered with eachother.

I updated to the V3's and they've been flawless.

Administrator
    How adjustable are the CSR Elites? I know they can be adjusted side to side (which I really like), but can you adjust the stiffness of the brake pedal easily? For that matter, same question for the V3.

Sounds like Fanatec are still the go-to for reasonably priced good pedals.

Long story short, the pedals of my Driving Force Pro don't mount to the ghetto gygameseat mount that I bought. This is because there are no mounting holes on the pedal base for the screws to go into. The zip ties also aren't long enough and don't seem to have anywhere to go.

(I guess I could buy some sort of rubber band like those I see on some websites to hold it in place - but I have doubts as to how well that would work. I wouldn't mind looking into this as I also bought the bloody converter to enable the DFP to be used with the PS4 )

Hence the plan is to use the DFP with my PC when playing on my 34" ultrawide monitor, but to get a G29 for the gygameseat mount for playing GT Sport on the TV, and if I want to play PC games on the TV (as I have a 30-ft HDMI cable connecting them).

Is this solid? Does anyone have any advice on getting some rubber bands? If they work, I'd much rather have less clutter around and save USD300+ on a G29 and shifter, particularly when several years ago I gave away a full playseat and G25 to my friend after my daughter was born (who then gave THAT away to someone else...)

Junior Potato
    Get some Velcro straps instead, because no matter how hard you try, rubber will always move, and you want your pedals to be solid.

Great idea, mate, thanks!

Something like these, to strap it on horizontally?

https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-...008PQK5IS?th=1

Junior Potato
    Yeah, as long as it’s not an elastic strap. The plastic ring in your example is perfect for applying tension.

Take note of the Playseat Challenge, how the pedal mount for that works. It’s designed to fit any pedal type, without using screws. They supply just one Velcro strap to hold the heel end of the pedals, because that end lifts up when you push down in the brake. They key is that its pedal mount has a little brace at the front to stop them sliding forward. It’s deceptively simple and it works really well.

Another option, if you’re game, is to just drill holes in the pedal base and stick some bolts in there. There’s no electronics at the bottom end of most pedal sets so that might work for you too.

Tom - The v3's (which I have) have more mechanical adjustability than the CSL elites. You can also get the optional brake performance kit which has different hardness durometers which replace the standard insert and can be used to fine tune pedal feel. I have it but have never used it as after adjusting the stock pedals I was perfectly happy with them, I run a fairly soft brake.

Other pedals to consider in this price range would be the Proto SimTech PT2 which have garnered good reviews from iracing members: https://www.protosimtech.com/

Sim Racing Garage has some in depth reviews of the Elites and PT2's: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT_...V1OZloQ/videos

double