Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Junior Potato
    More work on the cheap-ass-but-not-jank sim rig tonight. This is what it looks like when Rare White Ape experiments with ways to mount the shifter. Tonight’s mission is to get rid of the stupid fucking RAM Mount setup I’ve been using (they’re good for mounting phones to handlebars but way too wobbly for angry gear changes) and use an L bracket. Three scotches and a whole Mastodon album later and I finally have what seems to be a decent way to attach the shifter to a 3/4” tube.

Now please excuse me while I give it a test run and cleanse myself from using an imperial measurement.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenb View Post
    Tom - The v3's (which I have) have more mechanical adjustability than the CSL elites. You can also get the optional brake performance kit which has different hardness durometers which replace the standard insert and can be used to fine tune pedal feel. I have it but have never used it as after adjusting the stock pedals I was perfectly happy with them, I run a fairly soft brake.

Other pedals to consider in this price range would be the Proto SimTech PT2 which have garnered good reviews from iracing members: https://www.protosimtech.com/

Sim Racing Garage has some in depth reviews of the Elites and PT2's: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT_...V1OZloQ/videos
    Awesome, thanks! Time to watch pedal reviews at work!

Thanks rwa. Will order and try.

Administrator
    Ended up going with the Fanatec V3s. At work we use this site called bonus.ly where people can give points to others, which can be converted into things like Amazon gift cards. Between the points I got in the last year and our rebate for buying Nest thermostats, that covered the cost of the V3s and a Performance Brake Kit.

Should have it sometime next week...it'll be nice to have working pedals again!

Administrator
    Pedals are setup and working pretty well. I'm finding a bit of a learning curve with the brake - sometimes I feel like I'm braking really well, sometimes I plow right into the car in front of me (offline, thankfully). The brake stiffness adjustment is *so much better* on the v3 than the v1. I haven't installed the performance brake kit yet, maybe get around to that this weekend. Also of note - the pedal frame is actually balanced out of the box. My v1s needed constant adjustment to sit flat, otherwise they were like a table at a restaurant that needed a shim under one leg. I never did get it quite stable.

Yeah, my V1's had that issue too.

Biggest issue I have with the V3's is that I need to put something between them and the wall, since the clutch throw goes past the frame (or at least my foot does). I love the feel of the clutch though. Luckily, the packing foam they came with works perfectly, but over time starts to get uneven.

Junior Potato
    Assetto Corsa Competitizione has a release date for early access. It’s September 12th. You get one car and one track.

There’s also a roadmap of updates and content that are coming over the next six months. The full game should supposedly release by the time round 1 of the 2019 Blancpain series happens. Saucy details below (hopefully)

https://www.racedepartment.com/attac...mm-jpg.261925/

Junior Potato
    ACC releases in the next few hours. Pricing and details available here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

It’s 24.99€ for the first release, ramping up in price as more features are added (if you buy-in now you’ll get the new content for free, including the full game). The price will jump up on November 14th.

Who’s jumping in?

Administrator
    Picked it up. Finding that I really need to install that new hard drive I bought to make room for all this.

Junior Potato
    Amateur…