Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    My wish list for an official game of the ACO would be quite long and comprehensive: a full season of WEC with all cars and tracks ranging from LMP3 and GT3 (road to Le Mans) up to LMH/LMDH and LM-GT, plus integration with IMSA and a full season of the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Races ranging from 10 minutes to 24 hours. All the tracks from both series. Unf…
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Looks spiffy

My sim racing aspirations have greatly cooled since the peak of the pandemic, so I'm glad I didn't make any hasty choices. But it seems your use and desire completely justifies such an investment.
    All or nothing here!

I’ve decided I will finally hop into iRacing too. Like really really this time I promise.

Whoa. Nice. Break a leg! Oh wait...

Administrator

Junior Potato
    Ha!

Now to pull all the Fanatec bits off the old seat and advertise it on Facebook.

I got a Live for Speed newsletter the other day. It's still a thing, I guess, as they seem to release updates every few years. It's still on version 0.6. I briefly tried it last year after I got a new computer. I still like how it drives. Too bad that it did not go anywhere. It probably still has its die-hard fans. I'm not a big stickler for graphics, but it looks dated, even to me. If Blerpa thinks iRacing looks awful, he must think LFS looks stupifyingly terrible.

Junior Potato
    Niels Heusinkveld had a go of it on YouTube a few months ago. He says it still has the best tyre physics of all the sims.

I have to agree with that. You can actually see the tires deforming during corners and bumps if you watch closely. There is an in-game tire temperature and tread wear black box. Tires wear unevenly across the tread (insides wear faster, obviously) and feel different as the race goes, not just, "Oh, I'm losing grip." You can also flat-spot the tires. You can see and feel how the tire wear and temperatures affect the car.

It's wild to me that the sim I played on my laptop in college ~20 years ago has the best tire physics. I'm just going to hope that they aren't the same now as they were then.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Gave me a laugh