Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Junior Potato
    It'd be nice to take all the best bits of every sim and moosh them all together into one.

GT Sport's visuals and car models

iRacing's laser scanned tracks, it's evolving grip levels, and its online support

ACC's extreme focus on one category and its weather

LFS's tyre physics

rFactor 2's force feedback

AC's variety and modabilitiy

Automobilista's pure innocent heart

Junior Potato
    So my new rig arrived this afternoon. I built it all by myself with great difficulty. I adjusted all the distances and angles to my liking. Then I started racing.

It is sooooooooooo much better than my outgoing F-GT. It’s so sturdy and tight. Everything is more or less perfect on it. I only wish there were extra holes on the seat brackets to let me tilt it back a little further.

If you’re ever in the market for a good setup, then I really do recommend t the Trak Racer TR8.

Articles were posted and removed indicating that Motorsport Games was going to acquire Studio 397, the developers of rFactor 2, including a quote from MG's president. Here's a cached version of one of them: https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=firefox-b-1-d
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I got a Live for Speed newsletter the other day. It's still a thing, I guess, as they seem to release updates every few years. It's still on version 0.6. I briefly tried it last year after I got a new computer. I still like how it drives. Too bad that it did not go anywhere. It probably still has its die-hard fans. I'm not a big stickler for graphics, but it looks dated, even to me. If Blerpa thinks iRacing looks awful, he must think LFS looks stupifyingly terrible.
    I agree on everything said.
    Still wonderful to drive, especially with a wheel.
    Tyres feels is fantastic.

Motorsports Games entered an agreement buy Studio 397 and rFactor.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.p...nership.69103/

Jeez, that sounds so corporate. MG will become the EA of sim racing; throttle the magic out of everything it touches. Shareholders will be more important than the users of the software. Making a profit will be more important than delivering a good product.

Edit: I somehow completely missed Kch's post.
    Last edited by Cam; March 3rd, 2021 at 05:23 PM.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Articles were posted and removed indicating that Motorsport Games was going to acquire Studio 397, the developers of rFactor 2, including a quote from MG's president. Here's a cached version of one of them: https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=firefox-b-1-d
    Good old Eurogamer. The author Martin Robinson is their resident based sim racer. He doesn't post much about it, but uses his opportunities well. Did you know he shared a kart track with a young Lewis Hamilton?

Each week they will put up a what are we playing? article. The other writers will comment on a new RPG, a puzzler, or some indie game. Martin will say he's playing a 13-year-old racing sim and he and his buddies will be staying up all night driving a Dallara LMP2 at the Daytona 24 Hour and their team name is Scuderia Chickenhaus.

Junior Potato
    Before and after. Look at how GAD DANG SEXY the new setup is.

That's hot.

Yeah the seat on the F-GT is horrendous.

The frame feels fairly solid for me. I used some felt strips to shim/dampen any movement on the wheel part. It is also a pain to get in and out of, and hurts like hell when you bang your feet or knees or whatever on it. It's also really heavy.

I may just try to replace the seat.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Junior Potato
    Yeah it looks like the F-GT has some holes available to attach a different seat. You might need completely different sliders if you wanted to stick a bucket onto it.