Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Motorsport Games has confirmed that they have a new NASCAR game in development, NASCAR 21, and it is using Unreal + rFactor 2 physics instead of the previous engine from the Heat series.

https://www.ign.com/articles/motorsp...ne-new-physics

Motorsport says they want to have multiple branded series like this. There's no mention in the article of supported hardware but I would assume PC and hope for consoles.
    It's already not looking good. David Schildhouse was given early access to NASCAR '21 to stream on Twitch. The game featured multiple oddities and glitches, most famous of which is where his car was teleported to pit lane on the white flag lap and then spent the next 10 hours making repeated pit stops while he slept. I'm sure this will be fixed, but not a good look for a publisher who is trying to muscle its way into the sim racing space.

Watch it here from the 4h 27m mark

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1180695836

Related: https://twitter.com/BlackFlagMatter/...87289494478851

They got themselves in some trouble. Can they patch themselves out?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Oh sheeeeeeeeeeit

Worse than Cyberpunk

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Is it a problem of the (red)engine?
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Red engine?

As far as I know, this is built in Unreal Engine, with the rFactor 2 physics engine underneath that.

It’s most likely a problem of it being early access. If it’s still like that on full release then it’ll be a problem of low quality product development.

EA style!

Administrator
    Finally got the desk clamp for the CSL DD. Took a surprising amount of time considering I can ride my bike to where it shipped from in like an hour and a half.

I really like it so far. I don't know that I feel *that* much difference from the CSL Elite 2.5 I was using before. It feels a bit stronger maybe, but there's still that same force but subtlety that the Elite had and, as expected, none of that gear-driven notchiness. It's incredibly quiet, I don't think I heard a single sound out of it, but I am getting a bit of an unnerving *clank* out of the wheel when I hit a curb or something. I think it's something in the quick release mechanism, presumably it's not actually a problem, just a bit annoying. It's a bit taller than the Elite but significantly narrower, which means it's easier to store away when I take it off the desk. That is a huge bonus for me. I also really like that they use USB-C for the USB connection now, which means it can share a USB cable with my Honeycomb gear.

It actually does take some force to turn the wheel. It tops out at 8Nm, I'm afraid of the 25Nm from the top of the line DD2 wheelbase.

Happy with the purchase, and happy that I think I may have found a home for the old CSL Elite wheelbase. It's the PlayStation version and someone at work has grand schemes for when GT7 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    It’s most likely a problem of it being early access. If it’s still like that on full release then it’ll be a problem of low quality product development.
    It has been reported that the version distributed to all streamers is indeed the launch version, with the day 1 patch included.

https://twitter.com/RealRadman/statu...18168620224512

And this is how they have responded to the posting of and reporting about all of the issues:

https://twitter.com/NASCARignition/s...66977569300482

Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    red engine is what those polish cyberpunk developers are using.

i wouldn't think it was the unreal one as that one is used in that trucking sim.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It tops out at 8Nm, I'm afraid of the 25Nm from the top of the line DD2 wheelbase.
    Many years ago, I once drove an endurance race in a go-kart (6-hour, with a team of 4.) I do not know what force it took to turn, but it was significant. I pulled a muscle or something in my abs and could barely get out of bed the next day. Within the same year, I also had the pleasure of driving two older Formula Fords. They were way easier to steer than the kart.

At what point is the force realistic? I am not sure having higher force would be better. Of course, it depends on the car, but I can't see modern race cars being super difficult to steer.