Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

What's not to like about these cars

At the risk of spamming! Got my 15 minutes of fame earlier on today thanks to Dave Cam

Junior Potato
    That makes two of us

I was in an iRacing video with him a few months ago. I didn't do too well

Junior Potato
    I finally got round to watching that Dave Cam video. Man there was some poor driving on display here! And you did well to navigate and stick with Dave to the end.

I'm curious, was that race hosted by simracing.gp or whatever it's called?

That was a top split race (1/5) on the games official competition servers. I think the racing has got a little more frantic since they reduced the length to half an hour. Used to be 1hr races predominantly with some being 45m.

I only just heard of this now, but apparently, Live For Speed now allows mods. Not really a big enough deal to get me to race LFS. Too little, too late, really. :shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by stephenb View Post
    At the risk of spamming! Got my 15 minutes of fame earlier on today thanks to Dave Cam
    He paid you a nice compliment too.

Ermin Hamidovic is a quite flamboyant sim racing personality but the first 3 minutes of this video comprises of what I find lacking in many sim racers these days: knowledge, interest in real motorsport and accumulated experience in various sims.

I mean... really, you have never raced in Lime Rock Park in a game or sim? Have you started sim racing like yesterday?
    Also, you don't know there are series that do standing starts? Or in general most motor racing?
    (Yes, Mazda Cup in US do rolling starts, point is it should not take much to learn about the race you are going to be involved in a short bit).
    Lame, truly lame.
    And it is more common than I thought.
    Bah.
    This is like when people racing in sims expects blue flags to work in GT or endurance series like in F1.
    Dear lord, get informed.

Last edited by Blerpa; January 4th, 2022 at 05:23 AM.

Junior Potato
    Heís also a bit of a right wing chudweasel who adores Trump and moved away from Australia to escape lockdowns and vaccine mandates which are designed to limit the spread of COVID. I refuse to watch any of his videos.

Good to know, I was already a bit fussed about him in the whole confusing fallout stuff with Overtake (which are better off without such a "star").
    Looks like the usual capitalist rich kid self made (of shit).