Page 74 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

I had a lot of fun with one of the Horizons with a wheel. I think it was the one is Oz. I may have even gone back to the first one with it. But then I got about 5 minutes into playing the one in Britain with a wheel and had to give it up.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

I was feeling really down after ACC's career mode had me in a Lamborghini that kept launching itself at the inside wall on turn exit, and then dealing with all of the 1st gear chicanes and corners at Zolder.

But then I grabbed the GT4 and Intercontinental packs and tried the Camaro at Suzuka (in an online race against one person struggling in a GT3 BMW) and Laguna Seca (against AI). That restored my confidence, so I took the Camaro to Spa in an online room.

There were only two other cars, both GT3, but one was just hanging around me and only passed me a few times, then almost immediately gave me the position back each time. I figured they were doing some kind of safety/trust rating building.

After I was able to complete that race without a major incident, I switched to a GT3 McLaren and went back into the Spa room. This time there about a dozen cars in it. I was the slowest qualifier, but I was able to stay out of trouble and ended up with a decent finish. I don't even remember what place it was, honestly, and I'm not too worried. It felt so good being out there, getting around other cars and, for the most part, feeling in control of the car and my decision making.

Also I figured out how to make customized teams/paint jobs for cars, and made Tyler and Nathan my co-drivers.

Happy to be part of your adventure.

Junior Potato
    Hell yeah bring it on!

Sweet.

ACC career is not great but a good thing to get your feet in the water if you do not want to jump right away in the hell that are the public lobbies.
    Unfortunately car roster is limited during the career seasons.

Every car (GT3) has a different behaviour in ACC: Aston Martin and Bentley are usually the safe choice for the beginners (the first is quick, the second is a curb eating behemoth).
    Mercedes is another curb smasher but not exactly easy to handle, Mclaren is quick and difficult to bring on the limit in mixed conditions, Ferrari is quick but twitchy on the curbs and not an easy car to drive.
    Lexus is an all rounder, Skyline, NSX are hopelessly behind, albeit the Honda's is a bit better.
    Old Audi R8 was understeery, new Audi R8 Evo 2 is less understeery and packs a punch in terms of power and TC systems.
    Lambo some times is good, other times is atrocious, Porsche is... well, a Porsche and totally different to drive.
    BMW M4 was OP when initially added to the game, now it has been nerfed, but it seems nimble and quick.

Choose according to your driving style: I do race online on Lexus and Audi Evo II - reliable and predictable, but I also like the Bentley and the Merc for their juggernaut feel.
    I cannot stand the Ferrari. I wanted to like the Mclaren but it requires finesse which I lack mostly.

Also: Zolder is an arse of a track and a bit of a shock start to get used to the game. It still bites badly, even after many races, if you are not concentrated enough.
    Last edited by Blerpa; July 4th, 2022 at 05:50 AM.

I've been really enjoying the McLaren 720S, but will have to try some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    …Skyline, NSX are hopelessly behind…
    Seems to me the Nissan was nerfed after Cuda’s success.

Problem is car is so old nobody is racing it anymore in real GT WC races since quite some years: even in GT WC Asia there is not a single japanese car on the grid (so no GT-R, no NSX nor Lexus).

Junior Potato
    I always liked driving the Lexus, both in ACC and GT Sport. Meaty FR V8 but not a tank like the Bentley or the AMG.

Just wait until the Corvettes get more competitive and they start entering more series, including the GTWC. Then there will be no point at all in trying to tell Keith what to drive