Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Amazon Italia very conveniently told me to ask the manufacturer.
    So I just wrote to TM assistance.
    Hopefully they will answer soon.

What pisses me off is the situation of DD in here:

Simagic Alpha Mini are all sold out to undefined date - and there are pre-orders available ONLY for the more expensive Alpha base not before the 25th of January 2023.
    Fanatec is totally sold out too, only the very expensive DD2 is available (which makes no sense since it costs as much as a Simucube base) and only the GT DD Pro 5/8nm bundle is coming back... preorders to be delivered in MARCH 2023!
    Logitech are shit and no point to shell on the new Logitech DD (which is only available on preorder as well by Logi official site).
    Moza are all sold out to undefined date.
    Cammus cannot find anymore the italian import site (did it went bankrupt? close down? No idea), but people do tell me they are only available in pre-order.
    VRS are on pre-order.
    Asetek are on pre-order with possibile delivery dates in January - not counting they are too expensive, my opinion.

Only one brand left: Simucube.
    The Simucube Sport is available in 1-2 days worldwide express delivery for 1254 euro. With no quick release and no rim included. With a GSI rim it is "ON SALE" at 2800 euro or at *only* 1986 euro in bundle with their ugly Tahko rim.
    I know Simucube is the best around, but that is too much to me.

Sigh, what a sad state of affairs all around.

Yikes.

I did not have to wait long for my Cammus. I ordered it directly from them. Although, it redirects you to a different site, Windbooster, to place the order. It seems totally sketchy, but it worked out fine. Shipping was $150. In total, it was $1004 USD, including a 10% off code from a YouTube reviewer. I ordered it on Oct. 27. It shipped Nov. 3. I received it Nov. 4. Everything was as advertised. I keep saying I'm going to do a video review, but I have not got around to it yet. I have no major issues with it yet. There are some minor gripes, but they are not a deal-breaker for me.

Thanks for the suggestion Cam. Now I'm awaiting Thrustmaster to answer, right now I've managed to make the old T300 work.
    It truly feels like a toy compared to the T-GT2. But at least rim and pedals are the same.
    I had to crank up the FFB to 100% in ACC... yet the FFB felt vague, a lot of information felt missing and it felt much more difficult to catch a slide.
    It will have to do.

Is Accuforce an option there? I'm quite happy with mine, it's lightly modded by a US company (Ricmotech) but the servo is the same from what I understand. I have also heard from a couple people who drove the Fanatec DD wheels and they've been impressed.

I'm holding out hope that Microsoft will partner with some company for a subsidized, Forza branded direct drive wheel when Forza Motorsport releases, and that it will be fully supported by the consoles and the development team.

And I'll get it with an extended warranty at Best Buy so I can just exchange it for a new one if it ever fucks up.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Thrustmaster assistance took two days to reply.
    Their answer to my plea? Change the wall plug you put the power cord in and try a different USB.
    What part of the product being a DEAD piece of plastic do they not get?

Contacted again Amazon.
    They cannot replace my product but they can remburse me the money.
    In the next days someone will pass pick up the servo base and then they will refund me.
    I would have preferred a replacement but the system only accepted a refund.

So I will eventually get back 500 euro and meanwhile wait for DD bases to be put in stock again.
    Hopefully the T300 will keep working. It will be a long and dreadful month, at least.

Thrustmaster never ever again, I think.

Junior Potato
    Oh dear. At least you aren’t being screwed for a refund.

If the backup wheel fails, you’ll need a backup-backup wheel. I recommend going to a second-hand store and grabbing a dirt cheap Logitech G25 or something.

Actually there is some good in the bad.
    Just last week I donated my T150 RS Pro wheel to a friend of mine, here in town, because he wants his girlfriend to get back to driving (they are going to move to the countryside soon, so being able to drive for both is adamant); he was supposed to pay me 100 euro but I decided to make a gift to them as he was very helpful to me when I came to Bologna and I had no place to stay so he accomadate me at his place, free of charge, for months.

In the case I should need it he is ready to give it back since Xmas holidays are near and probably she won't be able to use it meanwhile.
    So I'm covered. Phew.
    Hopefully by January I will finally manage to get a DD... afterall 499 euro are getting back at me, too.

Sooooo... Direct Drive Italia did a restock this morning... and I, seemingly, managed to put an order on the last available Simagic Alpha Mini + FX rim (double clutch version) bundle!
    Now let's wait and see when they will delivery it (still waiting for my seat - damn) but at least it seems I'm on the way to be sorted!
    (Forgot to buy a kill switch, I suppose I will put an order on that in a bit).

Junior Potato
    Welp, there's a motherfuckin upgrade for ya!